gen 3 2 inch lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gen 3 2 inch lift

Hi guys I'm on here with a question that I hope some may be able to answer for me.I have a gen 3 surf and have fitted a 2 inch suspension lift kit from roughness on it.the problem is the lift has pulled in the front wheels at the bottom so it is running on the outer edges of the wheels.I know that it is a different steering system from the gen2.I have searched for a solution to this problem and come up with nothing.any help would be much appreciated.

A four wheel alignment would help. You could also source and fit castor correction kit.
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

"roughness."

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
        "roughness."
        Ha ha I never proofed my post.I of course meant roughtrax.###### predictive text

Comment

gwh200 is bang on. You can't do the lift without one. Well, you can, but it'll give the symptoms you describe.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylux View Post
            gwh200 is bang on. You can't do the lift without one. Well, you can, but it'll give the symptoms you describe.
            I have looked on the net and cannot find a castor correction kit.to be quite honest the whole thing is starting to do my nut in.also I am not that mechanically minded so am not sure what it is I am looking to do.does anyone know where I can source said kit and I can get my mechanic to fit it.I love my surf and just want get it sorted the right way.then I can get the body lift kit on and fit the bf goodrige 305 70s I have bought.thanks for the help though guys
            Last edited by Jay2k; 11 October 2013, 18:05.

Comment

Not sure you need a kit. Just get it aligned professionally. If that still doesn't work then check your ball joints etc.

There's a guy on one of the Oz sites who couldn't get the wheels aligned using different pros and was hunting 3rd party castor correctors.

But it turned out the alignment people were just shite and he eventually got it sorted from someone who knew better. No castor correctors needed.

Presumably you haven't had an alignment yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Sylux View Post
                I have had a 2" lift on my truck for the last 6 years also have the suspension lifted. Mine does not have a correction kit. The camber and caster can be adjusted if you go the ats they can down load the data for a surf and make all the adjustments .
                SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Totally...which is why I never mentioned needing a castor corrector kit. In fact...I've said it's not needed.

I was referring to the wheel alignment comment. There's no way you can do without it.

Comment

Originally posted by charvell View Post
                    I have had a 2" lift on my truck for the last 6 years also have the suspension lifted. Mine does not have a correction kit. The camber and caster can be adjusted if you go the ats they can down load the data for a surf and make all the adjustments .
                    Ok guys I'll find my nearest ats and get them to do the wheel alignment etc.thanks for all your help.just wish I hadn't let my stupid pride get the better of me and asked the question 2 months ago

Comment

Working...
                    X