Mud Master 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mud Master 2013

I done this last year as a navigator for my friend in his 90. It's a joint event run by the Army and the SLROC but open to other clubs. It's 2 days of auto tests including orienteering, timed trials and off road driving. This year I competed in the surf as a driver with my neighbour as navigator.
    I was competing against approx 50 land rovers, 2 landcruisers, 2 jeeps, 2 jimnys.
    I got my backside kicked on the time trials (try reversing a surf at speed through cones on shale!). The jimnys beat the tomcats at this which was great to watch.
    The surf came into its own on the off road sections and held its own against some seriously modified 4x4's clearing 9 out of 10 off road sections and it was my mistake that cost us points. The lift did help as other 4x4s were getting cross axled but even the LR owners were impressed at how it handled.
    The best part was the driving between sections as it was sheer bl00dy luxury compared to being in a 90.
    Overall well pleased with the surf. A few pics but dont look if your a 3rd gen owner who likes them clean

Well done, give yourself a pat on the back.
    There's not many 3rd gen owners willing to risk damaging
    there trucks doing stuff like that.
    Your truck sits nice with the lift too.

Ps A pat on the back for your truck is a good wash and polish.
    Still on a mission.

Comment

Well done Ross.
      Brian

Comment

Totally agree Baz. Just look at some of the stuff on Yotatech. A well prepped 3rd gen can be a formidable piece of kit. . Well done Ross, you old mod, you. .
        " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Thanks guys. Must admit I was very apprehensive about using the surf as it's my daily runner. Only damage was front A bar now bent slightly as it took the brunt of coming down a steep hill at the bottom. I saw two land rovers burst their tyres when they hit the bottom that hard. I've lost the rear fog light as well. Its been jetwashed twice and then washed by hand. Hopefully valet the interior tomorrow and she will be back to her shiny glory

Comment

Are those 285s on the corners? Or the inch equivalent.

Looks really good. And I echo the kudos on taking her off-road. I'd be worried enough with my Gen 2 But it is the plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylux View Post
              Are those 285s on the corners? Or the inch equivalent.

Looks really good. And I echo the kudos on taking her off-road. I'd be worried enough with my Gen 2 But it is the plan.
              315 x 75 or 35's to us old Mods

Comment

315s!

They look awesome!

Comment

Working...
                X