Lean running?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the replies guys.

The water pump was done later and the egr has not been blocked off (could be full of crap though and causing problems) and the exhaust is std.

Temp when cruising at 60-65mph is between 85 and 94 on the aftermarket gauge.

I will fit and try the rad out...failing that it's off on its holidays to vince in the future.
    Last edited by Overland Tonka; 9 October 2013, 09:14.
    .... Which was nice.

Comment

Face facts Kev. The head has cracks in it that open sporadically and when under load.
      It's a coincidence that the rad was swapped out at the same time.
      It has been slowly getting worse...
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
        Face facts Kev. The head has cracks in it that open sporadically and when under load.
        It's a coincidence that the rad was swapped out at the same time.
        It has been slowly getting worse...
        Strangely that would be good news Gra...at least I could just get it fixed.

It had a new head fitted just before I bought it and the rad was fitted just after that. It's done about 30,000 since. Anything is possible I guess. It holds all fluids, only needing a small top up in the overflow tank every 4 months. No smoke from the exhaust. Would a sniff test work even on the symptoms you describe?
        .... Which was nice.

Comment

When my old 3.0 head went, it was fine 99% of the time. piddly little cracks in it opened up randomly.
          It is worth getting a sniff test done, but it might be inconclusive.
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

When my old 3.0 head went, it was fine 99% of the time. piddly little cracks in it opened up randomly.
            It is worth getting a sniff test done, but it might be inconclusive.
            Cheers Gra....will sort it out. I think the so called new head has thrown me off the scent. After all, I have no idea what head was used.
            .... Which was nice.

Comment

Exactly kev. My 3.0 had a "new" head...a cheapo from Ebay. Replaced after less than 10.000 miles.
              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Exactly kev. My 3.0 had a "new" head...a cheapo from Ebay. Replaced after less than 10.000 miles.
                Vince...could you add a head replacement to that list..
                .... Which was nice.

Comment

Payment sent vince..
                  .... Which was nice.

Comment

Working...
                  X