Auto shift knob labels illumination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto shift knob labels illumination

Does the gear indicator in the auto models has some kind of illumination? It looks that way looking at it closely because it has some transparent spots and there is a wire running to it.
    '94 Surf SSR-X --3.0l Turbo-KZN130W -- 400,000KMs

Yes, it does, but I don't know what bulb it takes. I was going to look but I sold the Surf today so didn't get round to it!

Comment

Does it glow always or does it come on with the head lights (just like all the dash illumination)?

I think mine is busted because it doesn't come on either way. Was gonna open it up and look at it, but I couldn't remove it because of the springs. I hate springs and their little system. I thought I might mess up things in my shift lever.

Any help on how to remove that thing is appreciated.
      '94 Surf SSR-X --3.0l Turbo-KZN130W -- 400,000KMs

Comment

I think it only comes on with the lights. No fecking idea how it comes apart though!

Comment

Remove the short section of dash below the ash tray.
          Lift lid on centre consol to get at the screws to move the consol backwards a few inches.
          Remove screws around the shift lever surround an lift up enough to get your fingers behind the ECT switch to pop it up so that you can unplug the wiring.
          Then you can lift the shift lever surround high enough to get at the screws holding the black gear position indicator section.
          Before you remove it though, press the red button to see how the shift lock mechanism operates so you know how it all fits together.

NB. You can get at the gear position lamp without lifting the black section, but it's fiddly.

Comment

Working...
          X