lower door skins got the rot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lower door skins got the rot

Seems like the lower doors have been done at some point on mine, and all of a sudden are biting with a vengeance (holes and new metal needed along lower edge, seems splitting along where skins join).

Given that the rest of the truck is in great nick with low miles, and barely any rust elsewhere (and difficulty/cost of getting a new one to the island), I was actually considering new doors. Would anyone even know if there are any doors available, anywhere, apart from on scrappers? even worldwide, as they would need shipping anyway...

ta

Dom
    RZN185 1" lift, 32s - KZN130 2" lift, 32s

Try asking Terry at jap4x4parts.com - he advertises up in the right hand corner. Last time I was at his yard he had plenty of tidy shells. Problem is if you need them the right colour....

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
      Try asking Terry at jap4x4parts.com - he advertises up in the right hand corner. Last time I was at his yard he had plenty of tidy shells. Problem is if you need them the right colour....
      thanks wishbone

don't really care on colour, just want no rot!

local mitsubishi dealer currently has a special on a full respray; dealer quality, including interior door lines (few mates' cars already been through) for $1200. Was considering anyway as paint is tired even though body otherwise solid (apart from doors), but the rot has promted me to find better door rather than expect bubbles back in 12-24 months. Plus i fancy silver all over

i will email him and find out...
      Last edited by boma23; 20 September 2013, 02:46.
      RZN185 1" lift, 32s - KZN130 2" lift, 32s

Comment

Working...
      X