AMC Cylinder Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMC Cylinder Head

I had to change my exhaust manifold gasket on the 4Runner and new gasket supplied from RT arrived on Saturday morning (31st). Noticed it was quite a lot thicker than the one i fitted when i replaced the original Cylinder Head after it cracked in several places over 4 years ago. The original toyota head was replaced with an AMC head supplied by RT this was done at 116,000 miles. Since the replacement the AMC head has covered 137,000 miles without any issues, so this should reflect a certain degree of quality in the manufacture of the AMC replacement Cylinder Head. Here's a few pictures of the head showing the parts you can see, this engine has run on Millers XFD 5-40 Fully Synthetic oil, changed at 8000 mile intervals and now has covered 256,000 miles with the belts and tensioner changed as per the date in last picture.
    Attached Files

Looks like new in there. Just goes to show how regular maintenance and oil changes keep things in good order.
    Heres to another 137,000 miles.
    Mark

Comment

I fitted an AMC head to a 185 intercooler for a friend about 2 yrs ago, very good quality product with no problems in 40k miles.
      Seemed to have "more meat" in the casting so I would guess it's stronger too.
      Smith & Wesson: the first point & click interface

Comment

I put an AMC on mine. But the truck caught fire 6 months after. I also have one on my Shogun fitted by a previous owner. It overheated various times due to various reasons but its still not cracked.

Comment

Working...
        X