Tyres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyres

So what is the biggest tyre I can get on a standard gen 2 without issues?

Ta
    Old enough to know better but then again.....

32/11.5/15

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m26b0s1666...15_32_11_50R15

Comment

Thanks Vince thats the same size as will fit a standard pick up funny that! did Mr T thinck that size would suffice for most people? Has anyone got a photo of a gen 2 wearing a set of 32s?

Comment

The very tyres that I currently have for sale on here. At the time of the photo, the truck had + 2" on the suspension.
        Attached Files
        " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

I really wish I had the cash for those tyres but as Ive just been stung for £780 for the insurance.......

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
            The very tyres that I currently have for sale on here. At the time of the photo, the truck had + 2" on the suspension.
            Was that a 2" lift front and back or just back? Do you reckon they would fit with just a 2" lift on the back or would it scrub on the front?
            If I like it, Bushwhacker doesn't. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Benross View Post
              Was that a 2" lift front and back or just back? Do you reckon they would fit with just a 2" lift on the back or would it scrub on the front?
              In the picture, it had + 2" rear springs on the rear, and the standard torsion bars tweaked to give +2" at the front. I think that they would be likely to scrub on full lock without any lift at the front.
              Last edited by MWS; 4 September 2013, 08:32.
              " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

I thought on a standard surf without any lift 31x10.5 r15 were about as big as you can go with out the danger of scuffing them

Comment

Depends on tread type.
                  A mud tyre is more likely to rub than a road bias one.
                  A 32" A/T tyre should be Ok.
                  Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 4 September 2013, 11:30.

Comment

I have a 2" body lift and a 2" suspension lift running 33 1250 15 Cooper STT's. They rub a tiny little bit on full lock if going over a lumpy surface. I personally wouldn't recommend them though, for road use, as they are so loud.

Comment

I'll be getting 33" ATs once I finally get my 2"+2" sorted. Hopefully very soon.

But my current, standard sized, 31" rub on full lock. Well in reverse they do. Got a nasty sound today.

It might be down to the TBs being under wound or aging as it's an old bar steward.

Comment

Working...
                      X