Droplink question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Droplink question

I got some from RT about a year ago and they have both failed are the Toyota ones stronger or any others or should I buy RT and before I fit them replace the bushes with powerflex ones?

Which is the best way to go?
    GRAVITY IS A MYTH THE EARTH SUCKS!!!

I'm a little confused, was it actually the drop links that have failed, or the bushes?
    More Lift.
    More Tyres.
    More Engine.

Comment

If the bushes failed were they poly? If so get some rubber ones. Hate poly bushes, especially the ones made of cheese.

Nev.

Comment

Sorry it was the bushes that failed then the thread on removal. They were the standard bushes that they come with.

Comment

That sucks... if it had just been the bushes, I think I to have a few spare... but the actual drop links, aren't too bad from roughtrax...

I always load them up with WD-40 the day before . Removal of I can.. seems to help..
          More Lift.
          More Tyres.
          More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by marcdtr View Post
            I got some from RT about a year ago and they have both failed are the Toyota ones stronger or any others or should I buy RT and before I fit them replace the bushes with powerflex ones?

Which is the best way to go?
            Hi Marc, I have some in the Garage somewhere (removed me Arb 5 years ago) if ya need em ? I'll check tomorrow

11+ Years of Surfs ..... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !!
            Buncefield Burner

Comment

That would be great if you have mate thanks

Comment

Depends what you want. Poly bushes are better for the road but you don't get the flex so you loose out slightly off road. But it depends where your priorities are.

Comment

Marc ya have a PM

11+ Years of Surfs ..... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !!
                  Buncefield Burner

Comment

I bent my original ones, and sourced some from roughtrax. I bent those too, I think its because I only run front arb. I needed one really quick so went up to the local motor factors and got a unipart one. Now I was only intending to use this briefly but it was thicker and actually seemed more quality than the roughtrax one. Now I have two and havent bent any for a while.
                    Completely bitten by the off road bug, and what better vehicle to do it in!

Comment

SOmething is not right if you are bending them. Maybe people including myself removed the rear ARB without issues.

Comment

Inthink its mainly becuase it is quite tall and im not exactly shy on the throttle at play sites. I take all my tools and everything in the back as well. It doesnt happen too often, probably when I hit an unexpected big lump or something without concentrating. The last time it happened I only had two wheel drive as I couldnt put my front prop on due to the exhaust being in the way when I dropped the diff. So I was thrashing a bit.
                        Completely bitten by the off road bug, and what better vehicle to do it in!

Comment

Working...
                        X