Registration J xxx YEO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registration J xxx YEO

At the weekend when a few of us got together to play that I wasn't the only one with a registration like J xxx YEO. I seem to have spotted quite a few Surfs around that bear the mark.

So, who else is a J'YEO?
    Paul </Slugsie>
    Immortal.so far!

theres a couple of j*** yeo surfs around my way - one green one blue - did i see yours going up the m55 saturday night - blue? or were you the red one in bispham about 8pm ? didnt catch the reg's

Take care

Chris

Comment

I was heading down the M55 towards Blackpool around 7pmish, heading home from Barton. Mine is a grey Surf, with a big Surf logo on the side. Not that you could probably tell as I had picked up a smidgen of mud.
      Paul </Slugsie>
      Immortal.so far!

Comment

wasnt you then cos these babys were CLEAN!

mines a grey/green (grey on the logbook but it looks green to me!) - been doing most of my driving with just sidelights on - showing off my new led sidelight bulbs - should be white but the look a sexy green/blue. stinking £12.99 a set but worth it cause they turned some headz!!

soon to be sporting a custom 'www.hiluxsurf.co.uk' windscreen sticker - watch this space!!!

take care

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Smokin
          theres a couple of j*** yeo surfs around my way - one green one blue - did i see yours going up the m55 saturday night - blue? or were you the red one in bispham about 8pm ? didnt catch the reg's

Take care

Chris
          I think all the YEO imports came from Helmshore Motor company, now gone bust, but formerly based in Haslingden, and with branches in Bury and Warrington too. I've got one, red/grey. There are Paj's, people carriers and Surfs, all with simmilar plates in this area.
          Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Pete
            I think all the YEO imports came from Helmshore Motor company, now gone bust, but formerly based in Haslingden, and with branches in Bury and Warrington too. I've got one, red/grey. There are Paj's, people carriers and Surfs, all with simmilar plates in this area.
            Pete
            Ah yes -mate of mine bought his prelude from there! didnt know they had closed though. never go to hassy - too scared coming from 'up the valley'!!!

take care

Chris

Comment

Sorry to disappoint you guys, but the last three letters are to do with the Local DVLA Registration office, so in your case the YEO refers to a local DVLA office.

Preston or Manchester maybe ???????? dunno !

Glasgow DVLA registration issue ASU at the moment.
              [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=Magenta][SIZE=2][B]SEWERAT BOB[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=SeaGreen][I][COLOR=Lime][B]I just sit here & looks out to sea or if i'm really rushed then i just sits here & continues to look out to sea[/B][/COLOR][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Sewerat

Sorry to disappoint you guys, but the last three letters are to do with the Local DVLA Registration office, so in your case the YEO refers to a local DVLA office.
                I already knew about the coding in registrations (it's actually the last two letters in the three letter bit that signifies the issuing office, the first letter is just so they don't run out of combinations - in new style registrations it's the two letter part that identifies the office), I was just surprised that I've seen so many Surfs with similar registrations. Maybe they all came over in the same shipment and where registered by the same dealers, I dunno, it just intrigued me. I'm weird like that sometimes.
                Paul </Slugsie>
                Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
                  I already knew about the coding in registrations (it's actually the last two letters in the three letter bit that signifies the issuing office, the first letter is just so they don't run out of combinations - in new style registrations it's the two letter part that identifies the office), I was just surprised that I've seen so many Surfs with similar registrations. Maybe they all came over in the same shipment and where registered by the same dealers, I dunno, it just intrigued me. I'm weird like that sometimes.
                  Der.... Perhaps YEO relates to an area with a port where they all come in and get registered, dunno really just guessing...?

Comment

Working...
                  X