Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Irvine California!

I jsut thoguht I'd say hi..

I'm stuck out in Cali on business (it sounds great, its really not!)

The good thing though is the trucks out here!!

My 3rd gen seems pretty big in the UK... I can see why they call them "Compacts" out here, everything is massive!!!

I also found it strangely hot seeing a littel blonde driving a twin cab Dodge Ram

My wanting for a Tundra is getting worse too...the first thing I saw when I stepped out of the terminal at LAX airport was black lifted Tacoma with "TDD Offrad" stickers... followed shortly by a almost matching black Tundra.

So america.
    Trucks good.
    More Lift.
    More Tyres.
    More Engine.

Sounds like you need Kleenex...

Comment

and bigger luggage!
      the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Hire/beg/borrow a shipping container
        Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
          Hire/beg/borrow a shipping container
          There quite cheap at the moment...recessions are good like that, about £1000 I was quoted.

Comment

I asked the guy on reception "where can I go out to eat, that is walking distance"

He blinked at me.....

"walking?"
            More Lift.
            More Tyres.
            More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
              I asked the guy on reception "where can I go out to eat, that is walking distance"

He blinked at me.....

"walking?"
              Lol

My last trip out there I was walking down the side of the road to get a coffee and a newspaper from the local Wa Wa's about a mile round trip when a local police car pulled over and asked what I was up to.......
              Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

It's a bit like that!!

the hotel I'm at doesn't serve food (errr what?) and I didn't hire a car....

I got some funny looks walking back two miles with shopping!!

I've located shopping centre type area, with shops restraunts and pubs... its a 45 min walk away... I'll give that a go....

Its quite hot outside!

And yes I'd like to buy stuff here for the truck...

That said ToyTec quoted me $240 to ship a set of coilovers and adjustable camber upper arms, thats not as bad as it used to be... just a shame they are out of stock!!

http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com/...er-_p_785.html

The othet stuff I want is Tundra front calipers and disks... but there is no way I'll be able to bring them on the plane!

I'm also a bit tempted with an HTC ONE google edition while I'm out here.... bt all the truck spends leave me a little skint for such silly things to spend money on!

In other news, now I've seen a few in the flesh, I'm not a fan of the 4th gen.
                For a "compact" I prefer the FJ cruiser.
                Last edited by Karma Supra; 25 August 2013, 21:59.
                More Lift.
                More Tyres.
                More Engine.

Comment

It's a bit like that!!

the hotel I'm at doesn't serve food (errr what?) and I didn't hire a car....

I got some funny looks walking back two miles with shopping!!

I've located shopping centre type area, with shops restraunts and pubs... its a 45 min walk away... I'll give that a go....

Its quite hot outside!

And yes I'd like to buy stuff here for the truck...

That said ToyTec quoted me $240 to ship a set of coilovers and adjustable camber upper arms, thats not as bad as it used to be... just a shame they are out of stock!!

http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com/...er-_p_785.html

The othet stuff I want is Tundra front calipers and disks... but there is no way I'll be able to bring them on the plane!

I'm also a bit tempted with an HTC ONE google edition while I'm out here.... bt all the truck spends leave me a little skint for such silly things to spend money on!
                  You need a understanding relative who can handle your export requirements

When the %RH matches the *F then its hot
                  Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

I know someone with a container due to leave Apopka airport area in Florida on Oct 10th

Comment

I just saw an epic truck...

F150 Raptor... Black...

It was lifted, had some awesome tyres on it with red beadlockers,

Red crawler style bar front bumper and sliders...

It was utterly immacualte, and had clearly never left the billiard smooth California avenues, and bolivards, but it made a ###### nice noise when he gunned it from the lights.

Alas at this stage, the trucks are better than the women....
                      More Lift.
                      More Tyres.
                      More Engine.

Comment

where is your camera???
                        the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Originally posted by budweiser View Post
                          where is your camera???
                          Customs ;-)

Comment

The problem is most of the cool trucks I see are driving about, and either gone by the time I see them, or the driver is already staring at me, because I'm walking.

I'm not exagerating when I say I saw two women get into their truck (4th gen 4Runner) start it, drive a few spaces down, park and get out... - 20m?

Another guy at teh comoany I was at was utterly, utterly baffled... "you walked nearly 3 miles? WALKED???"

I take secret pleasure in how much in unerves them.

To reiterate my thoughts yesterda:,

4th gen is very girly.
                            Tundras are awesome.
                            More Lift.
                            More Tyres.
                            More Engine.

Comment

I jsut thoguht I'd say hi..

I'm stuck out in Cali on business (it sounds great, its really not!)

The good thing though is the trucks out here!!

My 3rd gen seems pretty big in the UK... I can see why they call them "Compacts" out here, everything is massive!!!

I also found it strangely hot seeing a littel blonde driving a twin cab Dodge Ram

My wanting for a Tundra is getting worse too...the first thing I saw when I stepped out of the terminal at LAX airport was black lifted Tacoma with "TDD Offrad" stickers... followed shortly by a almost matching black Tundra.

So america.
                              Trucks good.
                              I was out in Hawaii last month, the lifted Tacos out there look so good. 4.5 dollars a gallon is pretty nice too!

Comment

Working...
                              X