No announcement yet.

My Surf has been written off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well there you go guys! Just proves that 99% of you are wrong!!

To give you an update:

Spent a lot of time annoying the insurance companies and challenging their 'engineers' reports. I even annoyed the woman who drove into my Surf by saying that I was going to be claiming the difference between a loss in a payout by the insurance companies and the actual price for a like to like spec car. She soon got onto her insurance company.

Anyway- the result is:

Agreed settlement of £3200 PLUS I KEEP THE SALVAGE!!
    A further £250 as a goodwill gesture for the inconvenience.
    I get to keep the Defender until 20th Sept so I can arrange purchase of new Surf.

Now that's how to do it boys!!

Just shows you that 'ranting' will get you somehwere. Haha!!

Comment

Originally posted by beach surfer View Post
      Just shows you that 'ranting' will get you somehwere. Haha!!
      If time has no value to you...

Anyway, congratulations. I'm glad you got it resolved to your satisfaction.

Comment

Brilliant.

Now all our premiums will increase next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
          If time has no value to you...

Anyway, congratulations. I'm glad you got it resolved to your satisfaction.
          Well that depends on how you see it doesn't it?

My offer has been increased and I'm better off by over £1095 than the previous offer plus I get to keep the salvage. How much is that worth? Maybe £700 if I sell the car?

So, quite a bit of money achieved in very little time?

If i accepted the 1st offer I would now be £1300 or so worse off and to achieve that amount I would have to do an awful amount of work.

Therefore, time has value to me. I was just patient enough to work it all out and stand my ground.

Funnily enough Bushwacker - I spoke to Tescos about my premium renewal which is due soon. Despite the car now being a Cat D ( I have to send them in invoices of repair to the damage ) my quote is £36 lower than last year!!

Still, I will be without a car from next week so I'm still looking for a 3rd Gen. The ones Ive seen online and sent emails to enquire have all been sold or the dealer hasn't returned my email or contacted me by phone. It seems that they are becoming more rare by the day?

Comment

Originally posted by beach surfer View Post
            Well that depends on how you see it doesn't it?

My offer has been increased and I'm better off by over £1095 than the previous offer plus I get to keep the salvage. How much is that worth? Maybe £700 if I sell the car?

So, quite a bit of money achieved in very little time?

If i accepted the 1st offer I would now be £1300 or so worse off and to achieve that amount I would have to do an awful amount of work.

Therefore, time has value to me. I was just patient enough to work it all out and stand my ground.

Funnily enough Bushwacker - I spoke to Tescos about my premium renewal which is due soon. Despite the car now being a Cat D ( I have to send them in invoices of repair to the damage ) my quote is £36 lower than last year!!

Still, I will be without a car from next week so I'm still looking for a 3rd Gen. The ones Ive seen online and sent emails to enquire have all been sold or the dealer hasn't returned my email or contacted me by phone. It seems that they are becoming more rare by the day?

Well done you, for sticking to your guns.

Which reminds me, my landlord's giving me a bit of grief at the moment, would you mind giving him a wee call?

PS:
            Import your own 3rd gen straight from Japan!

Comment

Originally posted by andyverran View Post
              Which category is largely up to the assessor, encourage him towards D ;-)
              No its not. It will be cat C as its a total loss. £49 gets a Vic test and a new v5.
              Last edited by yoshie; 13 September 2013, 16:58.
              Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                No its not. It will be cat C as its a total loss. £49 gets a Vic test and a new v5.
                Since any vehicle the insurer doesn't repair is a total loss that doesn't quite add up...and not all Cat C's require a VIC.

Comment

Originally posted by andyverran View Post
                  Since any vehicle the insurer doesn't repair is a total loss that doesn't quite add up...and not all Cat C's require a VIC.
                  If the insurer doesn't repair what would you call it?
                  What cat C do you know of where the V5 surrender was not a legal condition of the insurance pay out? So unless you print your own V5s you need a VIC.
                  Brian

Comment

When we bought our surf as a cat c write off, the seller passed on the v5. When we sent of the change of owner section D.V.L.A. refused to issue new v5 until vehicle had vic check.

Congratulations to beach surfer.

Don't forget your Tesco club card points

Comment

Well done you .. So do ya want the job of chief Surf insurance negotiator now ?

11+ Years of Surfs ..... N Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !!
                      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                      X