Respraying a surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Respraying a surf

Anyone resprayed a surf a different colour? something outrageous?

Just wondered how involved it was bearing in mind the arches etc
    If I like it, Bushwhacker doesn't. :-)

Just had the scabs touched up on mine.

And the Surf.

Also had the nudge-bar frame powdercoated black, so the bodywork is tip-top now. Will post some pics once my mate has done the machine polishing.

I like the 2-tone, silver lower half. If I was going to do the whole thing it would just be black. Was quoted ~£2K for that.
    Last edited by J i m s t e r; 20 August 2013, 11:39.
    Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Originally posted by J i m s t e r View Post
      Just had the scabs touched up on mine.

And the Surf.

Also had the nudge-bar frame powdercoated black, so the bodywork is tip-top now. Will post some pics one mate has done the machine polishing.

I like the 2-tone, silver lower half. If I was going to do the whole thing it would just be black. Was quoted ~£2K for that.
      I guess its the cost of it and it being an older vehicle that puts people off.

I would like to have a slime green surf!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          I was thinking more of a metallic green, like this...

and keep the truck more or less standard.

anyway, I'm not going to splash the cash unless anyone wants to do me a very cheap rate paint job!

Comment

Google rustoleum respray....

Comment

And Plasti-dip.

Comment

I've done a couple and they're no more difficult than anything else except for the roof, unless of course you can levitate or are 8ft tall.
                I built a walkway down both sides and across the back with pallets (3 or 4 high).
                Also if you have a rear spoiler it's a bit of a pig to get good cover in all the nooks.
                The only problem with the body mouldings is the seal between the arch and the wing, if you paint them on the car you'll paint the seals, so if this bothers you the easiest option is to take them off (gives you chance to waxoil behind them before refitting though.

I must admit the idea of a plasti-dip appeals just for a giggle and when you get bored you can peel it off.
                HTH
                Smith & Wesson: the first point & click interface

Comment

That plasti-dip looks class. Not that durable...but great for a bit of fun colour changing.

But I also really want a full, proper, top spray job whilst owning mine.

MYLUX: What's a rough price for a proper full job? Is it cheaper if the customer does ground work (like removing trim, arches etc)?

Comment

Gallon of NATO green from anchor supplies at £40 and a roller in the garden =

easiest respray available
                    Last edited by DLowe; 20 August 2013, 19:09.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylux View Post
                      That plasti-dip looks class. Not that durable...but great for a bit of fun colour changing.

But I also really want a full, proper, top spray job whilst owning mine.

MYLUX: What's a rough price for a proper full job? Is it cheaper if the customer does ground work (like removing trim, arches etc)?
                      A proper job? Five grand. If you take the trim off, it's four grand.

To have the whole thing plasti-dipped is around £600-£800.

Vinyl wrap is about £1,200.

Or, you can buy some plasti-dip, some rustoleum or, indeed, a gallon of Nato green and do it yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Benross View Post
                        Anyone resprayed a surf a different colour? something outrageous?

Just wondered how involved it was bearing in mind the arches etc
                        i have a camo surf

Comment

One of the good things about Plasti-dip is that any scratches can be repaired with a little dab of thinners instead of respraying the whole panel.

Comment

Originally posted by brute View Post
                            i have a camo surf
                            Hey, Lee. I'd be interested in seeing a few pic's if you get a chance. .
                            " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
                              Hey, Lee. I'd be interested in seeing a few pic's if you get a chance. .
                              i dont know how to put pics on web site

Comment

Working...
                              X