What Rad to get

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Rad to get

The radiator on my 3 litre 4Runner is on its way out and I was thinking about replacement. I see Roughtrax do one:

http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=16&cid=674&vid=544

On their site they say it's good, but it's not a genuine Toyota part. Has anyone tried one? Are they any good? Got a better recommendation?

i am having the same problem at the moment on my 3 liter. I ordered a rad through fast rads it turned up today but its the wrong model but it looks a good quality item. will let you know how well they hadle it and the outcome. cheers

Comment

well turns out fast rads arnt fast at all, wrong rad sent,2 phone calls an email later too find out the correct radiator is not avalable for 3 weeks very poor service all round. not to happy at all

Comment

Originally posted by T4R View Post
        The radiator on my 3 litre 4Runner is on its way out and I was thinking about replacement. I see Roughtrax do one:

http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=16&cid=674&vid=544

On their site they say it's good, but it's not a genuine Toyota part. Has anyone tried one? Are they any good? Got a better recommendation?
        Always go genuine if you can afford to after all original radiators last 15 years plus!

Comment

Ok, if I get a genuine one, does anyone know what the part number is for a 3ltr 4Runner diesel? I've seen loads on the web, they all look similar, but I don't want to get the wrong one!

Comment

Try looking here:

http://toyota-general.epc-data.com/

Comment

Originally posted by T4R View Post
              Ok, if I get a genuine one, does anyone know what the part number is for a 3ltr 4Runner diesel? I've seen loads on the web, they all look similar, but I don't want to get the wrong one!
              Hi, your best bet is your nearest Toyota dealer, give them your chassis/Vin etc and they shld come up woth the part number. You could then shop around and see if you find that same genuine rad cheaper somewhre else.
              Cheers

Comment

or if you want something else!

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/290822218194?...84.m1438.l2649
                the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Originally posted by budweiser View Post
                  Lots of money, but that must be some serious cooling...

Comment

Originally posted by andyverran View Post
                    Lots of money, but that must be some serious cooling...
                    we will see how it goes in one of the jobs of vince that he is doing (or going to do)
                    the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Originally posted by budweiser View Post
                      I see it's made in China, price in Australian dollars!

Comment

I have now gone for a rad from car parts for less £100 quid delevered made in geremany so hopefully beba good product. I have used them in the past and found them very good website also seem good on other parts to. I did contact toyota and genuine part is a scary price of £314 before vat and they would have to ship from Japan and would not give me a deleviry date at all was told could be five days or could be a month.

Comment

Im very happy with my £70 job from ebay. Caps the right way etc. it is plastic at the top but a tough decent grade plastic

I geuss this is like the equivilant of the chassis argument on the 2cv forum!!

Comment

The replacement I got for my 3rd gen a couple of years ago came from Roughtrax and has plastic headers etc - it's worked fine so far

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

I see Rough Trax have stopped stocking an Ally rad for the 4Runner. They are now selling an after market steel one. Milners also do a steel one which is cheaper. Anyone tried them? Still running with the old rad and wondering what to do!

Comment

Working...
                              X