Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new surf amazing but bad radiator

Hi
    im new to surf and have brought a 1994 manual its great i love it, but theraditor has started to leak via the top tank join and could do with some advice on the best way to fix it, i think my options are

solider it up wich i think should work and am happy to do butam wondering has anyone else done this ? what is the best solder to use and any genral tips.

or

stop being tight and buy a new rad, have had a look on roughtrax and they have sold out for the moment, so where is the best place to get a good quality rad at a fair price ? as the price on the net/ ebay seem to go from £60 to £160.

any adivce would be helpful and much appricated, also i appoligise for all spelling/grammer errors its not my strogest point.

many thanks newbie dogface

You could take to a local rad place and get new tanks fitted might be cheaper.
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

I have just bought a new radiator for my surf as I have a small weep from the top right hand side where the tank meets the core, must do it soon as I am losing quite a lot of fluid over a period of time, about 1 litre a month? I have tried to find the invoice to no avail but I think it cost about £125.00.

Comment

I got a lovely rad for 69 on ebay

Comment

Rad

Any local radiator should be able to soldier repair & pressure test it for under £50. Remove it & take along to your local rad repairer.

Comment

Hello Jon. Welcome to the forum. Assuming that your radiator is original (Does it still have it's Toyota sticker on ?), it's nearly 20 years old. I've had a leaking radiator, and had it brazed up, only to find that it starts leaking from somewhere else. You can take your chances, and closely monitor it, or do what I did in the end, and go for a replacement. You can't afford to lose coolant from these motors, and overheating can lead to a cracked head and huge expenditure. I got mine from R/T, but shop around and see if anyone can recommend good quality, and service, through their own personal experience. Good luck.
            " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

bad rad

Hi all,

thanks for the advice on clser ispection today the rad is leaking from various places so i need to buy a new one but its saves the long term worry about will it hold out etc. has anymone used fast rads before ? any good ?
              also the one ebay for £6o mark looks very much like my current rad. I have seen a couple of post on here about the roughtrax rad being poor quality is this the case or just a doge couple.

thanks to everyone who has taken the time to offer advice its really been helpfull cheers Jon

Comment

Working...
              X