Very 'hot' 2nd gen.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your choice Rob BUT ...

Shoguns are slower, more agricultural and also have just as many head problems ...

The real issue is that you're talking about OLD vehicles that frequently see hard usage so they have problems.

The options are simple:
    1. Buy an older vehicle and save some cash for sorting out the problems
    2. Buy a newer vehicle and pray you don't have any problems

PS
    If you're intending to do any towing or shifting heavy stuff then you'll REALLY regret a Shogun cos they're gutless under load compared with a Surf - I've followed loads when I've been caravanning and they're a right pain when they're in front of you

Last edited by Predictable Bob; 11 August 2013, 07:17.
    Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Rob5464 View Post
      I already decided to throw some cash at the Shogun now. Its got to be cheaper than another surf. I am trying to save atm. Don't think I would get another surf unless it had a new head on it and I wouldn't want a 2.4.
      Mine is a 3.0 with a new head

It'll be in the for sale section at the end of the month.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

I might consider it then actually.

I find my 2.8 Shogun is actually quite a bit quicker than my surf as well as better on fuel. Plus the previous owner put an AMC head on it. I didn't like it to start with but it grew on me. Its got a rear diff lock and a limited slip and both are an advantage over the surf. You can't count the surfs LSD ether because they don't work.

Having said that the surf has a lot more presence and loads of room inside. Hmmm....

Comment

Working...
        X