Hi Everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Everyone

Hi, just joined. I bought a 1994 model 3 litre Diesel 4Runner last year. Not used it much, but it's a lot of fun. It's not in bad condition for a car nearly 20 years old, but I do need to do a few jobs. The first, is to change the oil. Any ideas on what's best for the old thing?

Hey Alex. Welcome to the forum. Any decent quality oil suitable for turbo diesels should be ok. Make sure that your replacement oil filter is of decent quality, too.
    Last edited by MWS; 7 August 2013, 23:10.
    " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Hello
      Welcome along

Is Wiltshire fast becoming The Place for Surf ownership ?

Another truck to keep an eye out for on my travels.

Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
        Must be why I can't find one!

Hi Alex.

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
          Hello
          Welcome along

Another truck to keep an eye out for on my travels.

Whey for Wiltshire! if you're in your Surf I'll be sure to wave if I'm in mine...

(is that the done thing in the Surf world? I know Landies and Lotus and Minis do it?!)

Oh and welcome I'm a newbie too, but I've only had my Surf since Monday!
          Last edited by kezz; 8 August 2013, 12:24.

Comment

Hi thanks for the welcome!

I bought a 4Runner as it's got a good reputation for reliability, it's all mechanical, no electronic injection and ECUs to worry about and it can run on veg.

When you say anything good quality, I was wondering what grade, 10w 40? Mineral, semi synthetic or fully synthetic?

I want to keep the old thing going as long as possible, I'm fed up with new cars and being ripped off.

If I see any Surfs or 4Runners I give a wave, but I don't see many these days.

Comment

Hello & welcome Alex

Search the forum.lots of info ref oils etc

Comment

Hi and welcome

Comment

Hi pal,
                  enjoy the banter,
                  use the search for info, roughtrax will be your new best friend
                  all the best

Comment

Originally posted by T4R View Post

When you say anything good quality, I was wondering what grade, 10w 40? Mineral, semi synthetic or fully synthetic?

Hey Alex. 10w / 40 either mineral or semi. Make sure it's turbo diesel. Even Comma, Carlube, or halfrauds own brand should do the job, as long as the oil is changed, ideally, more frequently than the servicing schedule.
                    " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Working...
                    X