Hi, new owner and member, our surf and intro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, new owner and member, our surf and intro

Hi all, had my Surf a few weeks now and just found your site- great stuff on here and everyone is friendly
    We all love our Surf, its a 1988 2.4TD SSR Limited in met gray, done 115k, , nice condition etc.
    Ill add a pic sometime if any interest.
    Have a owners manual (in english), ordered a workshop manual from amazon (max Ellery Hilux 4runner etc) and found a garage that deals with them here- GP motors in Bembridge on the Isle of Wight.
    Also fixed the back window travel with info on this site-thanks, next job is to find another perm pos wire to tap for the hands free kit- last attempt ended up with the lights coming on when i plugged the phone in!
    Will probably find the supply to the radio tommorrow as its easier than accessing the wiring from the fuse board.
    Starts great, fuel fine and everything else is great.
    One job on the list is a new bit under the bonnet, appears to be an advance for the turbo, has a pipe missing (tube on unit is open ended and flush with surface) and one pipe is "T"d into a lower one, probably explains the lack of pulling power.
    This vehicle is off to Portugal at the start of December this year- us all in it, for a LONG touring trip lasting x years !
    Ill keep poping in (new home page) and learn a hell of a lot from here, great site and nice to meet you all
    Hi few pics under member rigs, check out "surfing round europe" under general. Wave if you see us thanks mark

Welcome to the fun!!! You'll have a lot of good times in her!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Welcome to the mad house, sit back relax and enjoy it
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

Originally posted by mark lawton
        Hi all, had my Surf a few weeks now and just found your site- great stuff on here and everyone is friendly
        We all love our Surf, its a 1988 2.4TD SSR Limited in met gray, done 115k, , nice condition etc.
        Ill add a pic sometime if any interest.
        Have a owners manual (in english), ordered a workshop manual from amazon (max Ellery Hilux 4runner etc) and found a garage that deals with them here- GP motors in Bembridge on the Isle of Wight.
        Also fixed the back window travel with info on this site-thanks, next job is to find another perm pos wire to tap for the hands free kit- last attempt ended up with the lights coming on when i plugged the phone in!
        Will probably find the supply to the radio tommorrow as its easier than accessing the wiring from the fuse board.
        Starts great, fuel fine and everything else is great.
        One job on the list is a new bit under the bonnet, appears to be an advance for the turbo, has a pipe missing (tube on unit is open ended and flush with surface) and one pipe is "T"d into a lower one, probably explains the lack of pulling power.
        This vehicle is off to Portugal at the start of December this year- us all in it, for a LONG touring trip lasting x years !
        Ill keep poping in (new home page) and learn a hell of a lot from here, great site and nice to meet you all
        Hi Mark,

Welcome to the LOONEY BIN nice to see another Islander on ere hopefully we can meet up some time and maybe hit the Tennyson trail and get them DIRTY!!

That pipe may be to do with the EGR unit which is a recognised mod in this country.

Mine is the same colour as yours and its an F reg TDL

Take care and enjoy the forum (they aint a bad lot really)

Paul
        DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Comment

phone will be easier to wire up to the radio as you have permanent and switched +ve and also the radio mute will want to go there.
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
          X