New toy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New toy...

Hey folks, here's a sneak peek of my new toy, play along if you want, try not to be too hard on me

It wasn't quite as scratched up when I got it yesterday, but we came home and took it for a little run down a local scratchy lane

I'll post a few more in a few minutes...

There's no prizes for guessing, its just a bit of fun kids!

Last edited by fsaroyster; 29 July 2013, 20:13.

As I can tell you're all dying to know, so I'll put you out of your misery!

It's a 1994 Daihatsu Fourtrak TDS, SWB, 2.8D, in some sort of green - Its got 225k miles on the clock, seems to run great, rust doesn't look too bad, normally these can be complete rust buckets, mind you, when I say these, I'd never seen a SWB before, anyway, this is so that I don't scratch the life out of my Surf...

Rog

Comment

We knew it was a Daihatsu, we just didn't want to draw attention to it.

Comment

Well, what do you think Vince? Do you know anything about them? As usual I know nothing, pretty much bought on a whim. Really is a little Tonka toy.

Rog

Comment

I don't know a great deal but they are not bad for what they are. They used to cost peanuts but ones in good nick have started going up in value as there are not many left compared to before.

My mate had a complete dog of one, half the electrics didn't work, dodgy MOT and it was a 1.6 petrol. He said it was worse on fuel than his Mitsubishi Evo which was running 400 od BHP so it must have been pretty terrible.

Comment

They have a good reputation, Rog. They are part of the Toyota family, and in some markets are actually badged as Toyotas. They can't be all that bad, eh ? I've always had a soft spot for the Sportrak.
            " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Yes, some models are badged as Toyotas (the Terios is sold over here as Toyota Cami). The 2.8 D is supposed to be good.
              Cheers

Comment

Cheers guys,

"Rocky" seems like a tough little fella

Went out for a little fun the other day...

Comment

Working...
                X