###### tractors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ###### tractors

After 10months of having various parts of my old tractor in bits for repair I finally got the lump running again this morning after an intensive couple days sticking it all back together! Had all the control linkages apart to get everything tight again as I managed to get stuck in reverse with no way of stopping the engine from the cab last year. Completely removed and cleaned the fuel system. Sorted the wiring loom, new engine stop cable and got the PTO clutch to disengage properly. Even had to machine some fittings to fix a hydraulic leak.

Managed to mow a whole field in a couple of hours today!!! (took 3 weeks to do 1.3 fields last year before I gave up) but now the engine clutch release is buggered! I limped round a second field as I could crash shift between low and high but what a total ####### of a breakdown! my now project surf is going to have to take a backseat while I get the bits to sort this ####### now....

Originally posted by cabbage View Post
    After 10months of having various parts of my old tractor in bits for repair I finally got the lump running again this morning after an intensive couple days sticking it all back together! Had all the control linkages apart to get everything tight again as I managed to get stuck in reverse with no way of stopping the engine from the cab last year. Completely removed and cleaned the fuel system. Sorted the wiring loom, new engine stop cable and got the PTO clutch to disengage properly. Even had to machine some fittings to fix a hydraulic leak.

Managed to mow a whole field in a couple of hours today!!! (took 3 weeks to do 1.3 fields last year before I gave up) but now the engine clutch release is buggered! I limped round a second field as I could crash shift between low and high but what a total ####### of a breakdown! my now project surf is going to have to take a backseat while I get the bits to sort this ####### now....
    I used my Surf for pulling the old Gang mower round our place........shame it's now in bits......the mower that is !!

Comment

We've got an old Ford 4000 here which I know virtually zilch about fixing. It seems to soldier on just about but with the grass topper attached gets hot pretty quickly. Meaning I have to top the grass in half acre stints.
      The assumption seems to be that if you a running an old (this ones 42 years old) tractor you know all about keeping it running.

Comment

Working...
      X