SURF Lighting parts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SURF Lighting parts.

Don't know if this is of interest, lots of Surf light parts/upgrades.

www.powerfuluk.com
    Last edited by Tankerman; 17 July 2013, 15:22.

All the surf things are eBay listings.

Just a middle man.

Comment

I bought a number of items from these guys & found them to be both fast & efficient but when I enquired about a clear-lens LED 3rd brake they were less than interested, stating that the Gen 3 was no longer attracting sales & was due to be discontinued.

So yes, great if they have what you're after but not in the slightest bit interested in sourcing additional parts.

As an aside & apologies for the hijack, does anyone know where 3rd Gen LED 3rd brake lights can be purchased in the UK?...other than importing from the USA I can't find an alternative.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylux View Post
        All the surf things are eBay listings.

Just a middle man.
        Sometimes, we call them 'shops'.

Comment

Yeh. I was actually referring to their shop items being sold on eBay (the exact ones - word for word) by a few different sellers.

Turns out it is just them with different accounts. 4x4clearence for example.

Better to use their eBay account so you have better protection.

There's no price difference...unlike xpajun, for example.

Comment

Most shops are selling on eBay, times are hard in the retail sector.
            GRAVITY IS A MYTH THE EARTH SUCKS!!!

Comment

Just got a set of clear indicators from them.

the Gen 3 was no longer attracting sales & was due to be discontinued
              Their clear-lens front headlights interested me, but I believe it's their prices that have failed to attract sales - they've put the price up from £150 in 2010 to £225 a side now.

And they wonder why they haven't sold any since 2010...

(Item 380148331006)
              Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Maybe I'll bag them in the End-of-line 3rd-gen Clearance Spectacular...

Comment

Originally posted by Tig View Post
                  I bought a number of items from these guys & found them to be both fast & efficient but when I enquired about a clear-lens LED 3rd brake they were less than interested, stating that the Gen 3 was no longer attracting sales & was due to be discontinued.

So yes, great if they have what you're after but not in the slightest bit interested in sourcing additional parts.

As an aside & apologies for the hijack, does anyone know where 3rd Gen LED 3rd brake lights can be purchased in the UK?...other than importing from the USA I can't find an alternative.
                  You may also want to read up on these on the T4R forum, as they can cause the ABS light to come on (if you are running LED brake bulbs in the rear lights, IIRC). It's just resistance, and there is a fix.

Comment

I'm also on the Yamaha Vmax forum and the lads that have fitted LED indicators have had to fit resistors to stop them flashing too fast. Also you lose the self cancelling facility with the LED's.

Comment

Originally posted by J i m s t e r View Post
                      You may also want to read up on these on the T4R forum, as they can cause the ABS light to come on (if you are running LED brake bulbs in the rear lights, IIRC). It's just resistance, and there is a fix.
                      Cheers Jim, will certainly look into that - I'm currently running LED brake/sides as the clear lens upgrade came with coloured bulbs that turned out to be pink in reality....someone on the forum fell foul of an MOT fail recently as a result.

Comment

Originally posted by Tankerman View Post
                        I'm also on the Yamaha Vmax forum and the lads that have fitted LED indicators have had to fit resistors to stop them flashing too fast. Also you lose the self cancelling facility with the LED's.
                        I managed to find an LED friendly 'flasher relay' that's a direct plug-&-play replacement for the stock Toyota unit, well for the KZN185 at least- no messing around with ballast/resistors.

Motorcycles adopt a different system of self cancelling - our vehicles cancel on steering stops so LED upgrades have no effect in that particular area.

The only real difference between stock & LED relays may be a lack of audible 'clicking' as normally witnessed when the flashers are in operation....some replacement relays do not click.

Comment

Originally posted by J i m s t e r View Post
                          Just got a set of clear indicators from them.

Their clear-lens front headlights interested me, but I believe it's their prices that have failed to attract sales - they've put the price up from £150 in 2010 to £225 a side now.

And they wonder why they haven't sold any since 2010...

(Item 380148331006)
                          I fancy a set of those too....

I have the LED tails, and the rest of the lights are clear... the headlights look a little rubbish..
                          More Lift.
                          More Tyres.
                          More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
                            I fancy a set of those too....

I have the LED tails, and the rest of the lights are clear... the headlights look a little rubbish..
                            Maybe I'm missing something here but aren't all headlights normally 'clear' as standard?

Comment

Yes.

Facelift ones have the beam pattern control in the reflectors, not the lenses.
                              More Lift.
                              More Tyres.
                              More Engine.

Comment

Working...
                              X