No announcement yet.

Been a while

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a general rule ,what is the maximum mileage you would accept on a 96 3rd gen £2.5-3k surf either petrol or diesel? In the classifieds and on ebay it varies from 80k to 130k? I know a high mileage but well looked after surf is better than a low mileage abused model. But sometimes its difficult to tell. Or should i go by common sense and gut feeling lol?

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
      As a general rule ,what is the maximum mileage you would accept on a 96 3rd gen £2.5-3k surf either petrol or diesel? In the classifieds and on ebay it varies from 80k to 130k? I know a high mileage but well looked after surf is better than a low mileage abused model. But sometimes its difficult to tell. Or should i go by common sense and gut feeling lol?
      Go with your gut. There's a high chance that it's been clocked when imported.

Comment

6.5k would get you this...
        http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showpost....29&postcount=1

Just turned 100k MILES although for the first two years of it's life it was clocking in KMS, the speedo was converted at the SVA centre on import.

Comment

Aint got a spare 6.5K,pushing my luck at 3.5k. I have narrowed it down to 3 surfs. One 2nd gen and 2 off 3rd gen.The 2nd is £2.5k, the 3rd gens are £3k and £3.5k. They are all in excellent condition . Colours, 2nd -black, 3rds blue. Mileage , 2nd 92k, 3rds 92k and 102k. All have partial history with replaced cam/timing belts,oil changes etc at regular intervals. Distance......2nd 80miles, 3rds 90 and 130 miles. The £3k is petrol and all are auto. Im waiting for a reply for one of the 3rd gens. If its positive i have some serious thinking to do as its the £3.5k model. I really like the look/details o the 2nd gen, but the £3.5k 3rd looks superb. Hmm,money wise i should take the 2nd gen, but will i regret it......thats my dilemna. Really not sure how to play this. Any advice?

Comment

Working...
          X