No Joke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Joke

2 mths ago I dumped the old rusted and holed chrome end caps on the rear bumper. New ones arrived from Mr. Milner and I lovingly coated the inside of them in hammerite - lots of it. I didnt even put them done on my workbench without a few sheets of newspaper under them...
    And what does the boss do today in a bad mood, he backs his poxy passat into the rear left and leaves a small concave impression in it (i.e. a dent) that is too small to charge him for a new one but big enough for me to get real ####ed when I look at the 'knot' effect in the reflection knowing its gonna always be there.

AAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH THEY'VE NO IDEA DO THEY !
    Jim '91 SSR

Originally posted by JimL
    2 mths ago I dumped the old rusted and holed chrome end caps on the rear bumper. New ones arrived from Mr. Milner and I lovingly coated the inside of them in hammerite - lots of it. I didnt even put them done on my workbench without a few sheets of newspaper under them...
    And what does the boss do today in a bad mood, he backs his poxy passat into the rear left and leaves a small concave impression in it (i.e. a dent) that is too small to charge him for a new one but big enough for me to get real ####ed when I look at the 'knot' effect in the reflection knowing its gonna always be there.

AAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH THEY'VE NO IDEA DO THEY !
    Jim '91 SSR

key his motor should make you smile every time you walk past it
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

sleep with his wife... that'll nark him!

(just digging out the oldest post i can find!)
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

...thanks....a little piece of history.

I wonder if the dent is still there.

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man View Post
          sleep with his wife... that'll nark him!

(just digging out the oldest post i can find!)

Talking of old posters - how are you?
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil View Post
            Talking of old posters - how are you?

hehehe!!... not bad!
            there's a few old friends popped up in the last week...

i don't come here so much... driving a Focus and have to work for a living!!

Comment

At least the Focus can be an entertaining drive - I've got one for a daily driver and it LOVES corners (Might explain why I only get 12k out pf the front tyres !)

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

At least the Focus can be an entertaining drive - I've got one for a daily driver and it LOVES corners (Might explain why I only get 12k out pf the front tyres !)

12k........... you get 12k ...........
                ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

it was great with the original Continentals... but the budget one's i've got now are $hite!!

if only they'd wear a bit quicker, i'd go back to continentals.... but maybe not at £130 each!!

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
                    12k........... you get 12k ...........
                    Well if you didnt drive it, Melons might get 20k out of them...........
                    Working at last.......

Comment

Originally posted by LURCH View Post
                      Well if you didnt drive it, Melons might get 20k out of them...........
                      And how long do the tyres last on your Vauxhall Omelette ?
                      Last edited by That Ruddy Squirrel; 26 October 2009, 20:25.
                      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man View Post
                        it was great with the original Continentals... but the budget one's i've got now are $hite!!

if only they'd wear a bit quicker, i'd go back to continentals.... but maybe not at £130 each!!

If you're doing big mileage try Michelin Energy's - I've actually got 25k out of them. I paid £82 a corner at Micheldever but I think they're about £20 cheaper at Costco

Last edited by Predictable Bob; 26 October 2009, 21:24.
                        Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by That Ruddy Squirrel View Post
                          And how long do the tyres last on your Vauxhall Omelette ?
                          Still on the same ones, not doing the miles any more or lugging the yeti about, so suspension is holding up well too..........
                          Working at last.......

Comment

Originally posted by LURCH View Post
                            Still on the same ones, not doing the miles any more or lugging the yeti about, so suspension is holding up well too..........
                            The omelette is RWD isn't it ?

The flawed focus is FWD so it's bound to wear out front tyres faster.

Even my little Panda only made it to 26K on the front tyres, the rears have years left to go
                            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by That Ruddy Squirrel View Post
                              The omelette is RWD isn't it ?

The flawed focus is FWD so it's bound to wear out front tyres faster.

Even my little Panda only made it to 26K on the front tyres, the rears have years left to go
                              Yes its RWD. Hard to light the rears cos its an auto and keep forgetting to turn the TC off...............
                              Working at last.......

Comment

Working...
                              X