Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitness Types

If you're out there...

My friend Will has gone a bit funny in the head and has just set off on his way to Paris. He thought it would be fun to run from London to Dover (87 miles), then swim to Calais (at least 21 miles), then cycle to Paris (180 miles).

If you are interested in watching his progress he has a GPS, presumably down his pants. You can see progress here:

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...ybWWTF9McFWcxZ

He started at 2 this afternoon and it normally takes about 3 days. You get to have a little sleep this side of the channel (sometimes) depending on the tides and weather.

Not quite at Stanley then. How long has Will been a Queenslander?
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

I can't find his GPS signal. Is he currently swimming/setting a new hold your breath world record.
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
        I can't find his GPS signal. Is he currently swimming/setting a new hold your breath world record.
        According to a facebook update a couple of minutes ago, he's about to get in the sea. I think he's been sleeping. Lazy sod.

Comment

The latest he says:

"Last chance for me to update here before I need to get ready. Channel temp is about 12.5 I think. Have recovered well today I think although can't walk properly and slept fitfully. I'm guessing a swim time around 16 hours although I could be wildly out depending on conditions. All messages of support have been awesome."

His c0ck's going to be (even more) tiny by the time he gets to France.

Comment

I am in absolute awe of such a tough challenge, but genuinely concerned that he may be completely chicken oriental!
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Last year, he did five Ironmans on five consecutive days.

One Ironman is a 2.4 mile swim, a 112 mile bike ride and a marathon.

He is completely mad and, actually, quite dull but he used to smoke 60 Marlboro red a day, so I guess he's trying to make up for lost time.

Comment

Know of someone who just did the IM 70.3 UK. Not sure they would even attempt 5 in a row! Yeh I am. They wouldn't

Are you even allowed to? Were there even 5 events in a row?

Comment

Originally posted by Sylux View Post
                  Know of someone who just did the IM 70.3 UK. Not sure they would even attempt 5 in a row! Yeh I am. They wouldn't

Are you even allowed to? Were there even 5 events in a row?
                  There was one event, over the course of five days. Info here if you can bear to read it all:

http://www.tri-anglia.co.uk/reports/...-06-2012-15-26

Comment

I will definitely get around to reading that. The Ironman fascinates me and, while I train, it's a level of fitness that blows my mind.

Some of the splits are ridiculously good.

Comment

Well, he's in the middle of the sea now. Looks like he's having a rare old time swimming around in a big arc.

Comment

Is he heading back to Dover?
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

I think he's going for Spain now.

Comment

I hear Ascension is nice.
                            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Apparently, he's heading for Cap Gris Nez (pretty sure that's Grey Nose Point), which is that sticky-out bit he's pointing towards.

Comment

Working...
                              X