Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear wheel bearing SST

Hi all
    Has anyone made there version of the special service tool for pressing the rear half shaft out through the wheel bearing? Once I have got my hands on a replacement brake backing plate, I will need to seperate the bearing from the shaft, and press a new bearing, spacers, ABS ring, back on with the new backing plate. I do not have any way of making one myself, or have an engineering company locally who are willing to make me a one off tool. So if anyone has made one that is collecting dust in the back of the shed or garage, I would be interested in hireing it, so I can get my half axle sorted, reinstalled and the truck re-MOT and back on the road. Am starting to get fed up with seeing it sitting on axle stands just want to get it sorted.

Stew
    Attached Files
    Last edited by night trunker; 21 June 2013, 14:06.

I just took mine to local garage who had a proper press, job didn't take too long.
    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

tried that

Have taken mine to several local garages who have proper floor press, but would not fit in with wheel stud carrier diameter being larger than gap in press bed, hence reason for needing the tool to suspend shaft by bearing cup.
      I am thinking of looking for a complete secondhand half shaft assembly that I can just do a straight replacement in one hit without messing around with bearings. Will a half shaft from any gen3 fit an RZN-185 axle?
      Attached Files
      Last edited by night trunker; 21 June 2013, 17:01. Reason: Added another picture

Comment

Working...
      X