Radiator life span?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiator life span?

Was a bit curious as to what the average life span of replacement radiators tends to be?

The last one I fitted has started weeping from the top tank.
    It was purchased from U A D via ebay.
    £88 delivered.
    It was purchased in September 2010.
    So just over two and a half years old.

Is this about average?
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

A case of 'you get what you pay for' here?

Toyota rads last 20 years.

Comment

I was curious as most of the places offer a two year warranty on the radiators and yes as you say the Toyota offering has lasted 20 years.
      I was curious to see if any others have had experience with radiators lasting such a short time?
      The curious thing is the last radiator also split at the top tank, so is this a weak spot created during the manufacture, are the alloy/plastic versions more durable?

So the cost of a OEM radiator are we into the territory of first born son or just a arm and a leg?
      Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
        I was curious as most of the places offer a two year warranty on the radiators and yes as you say the Toyota offering has lasted 20 years.
        I was curious to see if any others have had experience with radiators lasting such a short time?
        The curious thing is the last radiator also split at the top tank, so is this a weak spot created during the manufacture, are the alloy/plastic versions more durable?

So the cost of a OEM radiator are we into the territory of first born son or just a arm and a leg?
        I think OEM rads are under £200 IIRC.

Comment

Well, according to my local Toyota dealer, " if we could get one it would be about 6-8 weeks delivery and about £287+vat and that is if we could get one"

So I am unsure if that is just their way of saying it is too much hassle and they can't be arsed or if this is the real situation and accurate cost and delivery times?
          Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Working...
          X