Hello / 2L-TE Injector Pump Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello / 2L-TE Injector Pump Swap

Hi all I'm not really new to the forum but this is my first post so here goes. I originally registered when I bought a surf a few years back, though long story short I didn't have it for long so never got round to posting anything.

Now a few months back I was offered the surf back at a good price as the injector pump was leaking, my friend couldn't get it running after attempting to change the seals himself so gave up. My plan was to buy another pump from a breakers and have a go of swapping it over. Instead though I heard of another surf a couple of miles away that was going cheap and although it was a bit of a mess cosmetically it had a low mileage engine and was running well. When I went for a look it got better as it had a receipt not so many miles ago for £500 spent(more than I was paying for the whole car) on having the pump refurbished

So now I've got two 2.4td surfs up the drive and after swapping the pump over from one to the other almost have it back on the road. The donor will eventually be broken up for what I can keep in the garage and the rest either weighed in for scrap or sold. I'm currently in the process of putting the radiator back on the running surf and was curious about some of the pipes that connect to the bottom of it and nearly made the mistake of asking a question that's already been asked. I've just done a quick search and it looks like it's for cooling the ATF so I'll be making sure I've not lost too much when it's back together.

Once it's back on the road I'm hoping to take it off-roading, either pay and play days or green lanes. If I do take it off road the first mod will probably be to remove the air con unit as it looks like it's in bad place, are there any other simple mods I can do while it's being worked on?

Thanks in advance.

Here's a link to some of the photos I've taken so far.
    http://s726.photobucket.com/user/williamski/slideshow/Surf

Hi n welcome, sounds like ya have the will n are some capable ...
    Ya started well with ya Search/s so that may be where ya ought to carry on from as there are many mods, some simple n some not so easy, some are cheap some not so n all depends what ya want from ya Truck .. n if ya stumped or just not decided ask an for an opinion, we don't bite !1
    Happy hunting enjoy ya Truck

11+ Years of Surfs ..... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !!
    Buncefield Burner

Comment

Hello, if the a/c dosent work just remove the lot. A nice cheap mod will be to install a diff breather kit. And if you have £100 spare get some +2 inch rear springs and lift the torsion bars to match (which is free) then to make it look bigger again remove side steps if you have them.
      well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions will go do some searching on mods but I never would have thought of the diff breathers, is it really that easy to get water in them? rear lift makes sense too as surfs have a lot hanging over the back especially with a towbar. oh and the aircon does work I just can't imagine needing it very often and it loooks so vunerable at the front it probably wouldn't be working for long, I noticed a post somewhere about using the aircon pump as a compressor so might look in to that too.

Just waiting on a timing belt kit at the moment before I can get it back together, I figured Its worth doing while it's apart.

Comment

Working...
        X