No announcement yet.

why a surf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a Carillion railways suit donated by a fellow mud plugging friend many years ago.
    Its like an artic sleeping bag with legs.
    Brian

Comment

I meet my surf through these romantic circumstances; my landrover series 3 had died and I needed another towing/load lugging off road vehicle. I went to the local 4x4 emporium and found all the LR's were out of my price range and every time I went close to one I got this loud pain in my ears..... the missis really didn't like LR's!

All that was left was various Jap scrap, so going by the LR owners assumption that all Japanese 4x4's instantly turn to rust (cos LR's never do that!) I chose the truck with the most paint on the underside, asked the salesman for a test of the blue land cruiser at the back of the lot and after they jump started it off a power pack and another 4x4 I took it for a spin. 5 years and 50K miles later I still love my blue land cruiser/hilux surf!

Comment

Originally posted by cabbage View Post
        I meet my surf through these romantic circumstances; my landrover series 3 had died and I needed another towing/load lugging off road vehicle. I went to the local 4x4 emporium and found all the LR's were out of my price range and every time I went close to one I got this loud pain in my ears..... the missis really didn't like LR's!

All that was left was various Jap scrap, so going by the LR owners assumption that all Japanese 4x4's instantly turn to rust (cos LR's never do that!) I chose the truck with the most paint on the underside, asked the salesman for a test of the blue land cruiser at the back of the lot and after they jump started it off a power pack and another 4x4 I took it for a spin. 5 years and 50K miles later I still love my blue land cruiser/hilux surf!
        mine was a little less romantic! i seen it on ebay, went and had a look and bought it! first one i looked at and i love it!! only thing i`ve done inside is fit a dab radio and a cb. outside looks a completely different truck with removal of stickers, body lift, suspension lift, 35s, winch and a whole load of lights!!

Comment

In my case it was very romantic, we met via a mutual friend and hit it off right there and then, we had to meet secretly as i didn't want to upset my friend but love is love right? but in the end he lost out,
          we been together now for near nine years,

(actually it was three things why i chose a surf, the look, the price and Jeremy Clarkson)
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by disco73 View Post
            mine was a little less romantic! i seen it on ebay, went and had a look and bought it! first one i looked at and i love it!! only thing i`ve done inside is fit a dab radio and a cb. outside looks a completely different truck with removal of stickers, body lift, suspension lift, 35s, winch and a whole load of lights!!
            @disco73 - What does your Surf look like?

Comment

Originally posted by andyverran View Post
              its in the first post!

Comment

Originally posted by disco73 View Post
                its in the first post!
                oops, that was a bit blind of me!!

Looks good.

Comment

oops, that was a bit blind of me!!

Looks good.
                  still need rock slidders at some point (yoshie) and a back bumper built the same!

Comment

Probably like a hooker if there's no romance!
                    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                      Probably like a hooker if there's no romance!
                      my surf is an expensive hooker!!!

charges me a fortune and leaves me f**ked!

Comment

My surf is for sale. My other surf is in bits. That's why it's an Audi for me.
                        Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                          My surf is for sale. My other surf is in bits. That's why it's an Audi for me.
                          i`ve got a mazda 6 and a honda magna 1100 to run round on and the power and speed on the honda is amazing for a 27 year old bike! but the mazda is boring and its always ####ing down for the magna! the mazda has never let me down though and i would trust that to take me anywhere! the surf is something else though, i dont really give a sh*t what it costs to run and i just want to drive that all the time!

Comment

Sometime in 2004 I went to look at a Pajero, and drove home in a SURF, a 2.4 which I had for 2 years. I followed that with a 3 litre, which I kept for a year, when I came across the bargain buy in my avatar on ebay which I still have 6 years later and so far have had to do nothing to except normal maintenance and consumables, plus of course the odd bout of polishing to within that inch of its life. Its dragged a caravan occasionally, its been offroad ( nothing too dramatic, just forestry tracks) and its moved furniture and fittings around the county, saving family and friends small fortunes, sometimes just thrown in the back, sometimes on a trailer. Its carted garbage from several households to the dump. its towed other cars and vans out of our sloping street in winter. Its never failed an MOT and its never broken down. There Ive said it. I expect the head will pop next week or something worse.
                            Сви можемо

Comment

Working...
                            X