new truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new truck

I havnt been on for a while due to illness and too much work lol but I'm back and I have a new truck

It's not a hilux but I'm loving it and it's perfect for work .
    I'll be writing up the for sale ad for the black 3 litre soon as I don't need 3 vehicles .
    PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

2.5 diesel?

Comment

Yes , 2.5 td manual that's had a new head and gaskets etc , goes like stink. And much more economical than the surf.

Comment

Originally posted by animal View Post
        Yes , 2.5 td manual that's had a new head and gaskets etc , goes like stink. And much more economical than the surf.
        Thats no comparison really as your Surf had 33" mud tyres and the Mitsy has smaller diameter tyres and is much lighter at the back.
        Looks tidy enough though.
        Tried a three point turn in it yet?

Seriously, you'd be better off with a 2.4 Surf than a L200, did you research the reliability issues before buying?
        The L200 forum has many tales of woe regarding these trucks.

Comment

Well your surf must have had square wheels if you think a 2.5 is fast.

Looks like a nice truck though. The 2.8 are a better engine but the reliability is not as good as the 2.5's. Over on the Paj forum anyway.

People have run 2.5's on straight veg oil in summer without any issues or a fuel heater.

Comment

Errr what end is the front? :P

Just kidding, it's practically symmetrical from that angle

I was very tempted by a black L200 Warrior that a little local garage had about this time last year, what I couldn't work out and I guess still can't is why it was so cheap, or maybe why the Surfs are so expensive, in comparison. I think the L200 was about £4000ish, obviously a lot newer than 3rd gen surfs, more modern, leather interior and what not, yet for a 3rd gen it was £3000 up for a tidy one...

Comment

No rush with the advert, there appears to be little interest on here at the minute.
              Or maybe I am the wrong side of the wall
              Eblag looks like the way and all the nuggets that brings out.
              Brian

Comment

A farmer I know has one, he loves it. I did look at getting one, but for some reason in Devon people want the earth for them. Cheapest around without mega miles is £5000+

The surf seemed much better value for money!

I do think the open back would be handy, no need to roll down a window everytime you wanted to put something in the back!

Anyway, nice truck!
                If I like it, Bushwhacker doesn't. :-)

Comment

I like it. Welcome back btw

Comment

It is a very nice truck , and yes I know about the reliability issues with some of them , but I also heard about head problems with 2.4 surfs years ago before I bought one , and after owning my 2.4 for years and keeping it regularly serviced and maintained I never had any problems lol.
                    This came up at the right price at the right time (£1800) and it's got loads of history with it so I went for it .
                    Were still keeping the white 3.0 surf so we have best of both worlds , an L200 animal and a 3.0 jacked up surf .
                    And yoshie yes it's up on eBay at the moment , and I'll still be after a front bumper off you but for the white one instead.

Comment

Originally posted by animal View Post
                      It is a very nice truck , and yes I know about the reliability issues with some of them , but I also heard about head problems with 2.4 surfs years ago before I bought one , and after owning my 2.4 for years and keeping it regularly serviced and maintained I never had any problems lol.
                      This came up at the right price at the right time (£1800) and it's got loads of history with it so I went for it .
                      Were still keeping the white 3.0 surf so we have best of both worlds , an L200 animal and a 3.0 jacked up surf .
                      And yoshie yes it's up on eBay at the moment , and I'll still be after a front bumper off you but for the white one instead.
                      That's a lot of truck for £1800. whats the mileage on it?

As my farmer friend keeps reminding me, he has a diff lock and I don't :-(
                      If I like it, Bushwhacker doesn't. :-)

Comment

I've always though that these look pretty smart!

Now fit a 1UZ
                        More Lift.
                        More Tyres.
                        More Engine.

Comment

I only got it cheap as the previous owner was going through a divorce and his wife wants half of everything so I did a cash deal and the cash has disappeared lol .
                          It's on 140000kms and has had the head done and engine sorted . Also has shackle lift and uprated springs on back .

Comment

Yay sold the black surf this morning
                            I got 2250 for it
                            The new owner will be joining here soon .

Comment

Nice one Steve, now where's my stickers

Comment

Working...
                              X