Aircon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aircon!

Hi all howz it going. My surf past it`s MOT on Wednesday,Yiipeeeeee!!! so I had the front breaks done as i was feeling a juder coming from the steering wheel, so i had new pads put in and the front disc was skimmed off, and what a different it makes.
    my garage man told me about the AIRCON and said that the system needs to be updated or some thing, as it dose not work. so he wants to put in a newer system. Has anyone else found this problem? could u let us know, cheers.
    jerry

Dose he mean that it needs to be re-charged.
    the gas they use now replaces the old type gas they used to use
    O-zone layers and all that stuff
    Chris
    GOT NO COWBOYS HERE?

Comment

Morning Jerry,
      Mine not working either (93 2.4 SSR-X), just been quoted @ £200.00 for the retro-fit system, as nobody in the area will recharge the system with R12 gas,
      needs some sort of oil additive and the filter / drier changed out apparently.

Carl
      F[COLOR=Black]C[/COLOR] T[COLOR=Black]I[/COLOR]L[COLOR=Black]L[/COLOR] I[COLOR=Black] D[/COLOR]I[COLOR=Black]E[/COLOR]

Comment

Yea! NEWMUDRAT thats what the bloke at the garage said
        he quoted me £200 for a funky new system and
        he will not re gas it. Then he gave me some blabber
        why not. he said that the new system is pretty good as
        he as fitted them in the past to other surfs. probably wait
        until next year as it will be winter soon and no need for
        the aircon. cheers mate!
        Last edited by jeremyprice; 12 September 2004, 20:18.
        jerry

Comment

just paid £65 for r12 replacement gas is s wales, no problems, he used a different gas which he said was compatable (r132 i think)
          [COLOR=red]Simon [/COLOR] '91 2.4td ssr-x

Comment

Originally posted by stara
            just paid £65 for r12 replacement gas is s wales, no problems, he used a different gas which he said was compatable (r132 i think)
            Where????? Mine was emptied during the engine work and has yet to be re-filled

Comment

http://www.vehicle-aircon.co.uk/ in maesteg.

the guy seemed a bit cowboyish, but did the job, sucked out the old gas with a machine, checked a book, and put the right amount of new stuff back in, it has been ice cold ever since.
              [COLOR=red]Simon [/COLOR] '91 2.4td ssr-x

Comment

Working...
              X