Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog guard???

Hi
    Does anyone know where to get a decent dog/load guard for the Surf rather than the useless telescopic tube items. It's getting a bit scary with a big German Sheperd jumping on the back of my head lol

Know what you mean, I have two of them lol. Just secured it to the headrests and they were fine. Roughtrax used to sell one but it was about sixty quid if I remember right.

Rob
    The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

Thanks wiggy might try them and if no joy I think I'll try and fabricate something up myself.

Comment

I used an old telescopic one but without the legs. I cable tied it to the rear headrests and it's pretty stable.

Comment

Originally posted by luddlump View Post
          Hi
          Does anyone know where to get a decent dog/load guard for the Surf rather than the useless telescopic tube items. It's getting a bit scary with a big German Sheperd jumping on the back of my head lol
          Hey Ken. Try these. http://www.saundersdirect.co.uk/tubu...-t96-p220.aspx I've got one of their earlier models, which is telescopic. It's really sturdy, though. We've had it fot a few years. It didn't stop one of the b45tards chewing through one of the seat belts (Twice!), though. .
          " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Originally posted by Black Sheep View Post
            I used an old telescopic one but without the legs. I cable tied it to the rear headrests and it's pretty stable.
            Yea same thing but with grub screws to stop the side slidey bits moving. Has worked well and doesn't seem to bug the dogs too much and they have been on some long trips.

Rob
            The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
              Hey Ken. Try these. http://www.saundersdirect.co.uk/tubu...-t96-p220.aspx I've got one of their earlier models, which is telescopic. It's really sturdy, though. We've had it fot a few years. It didn't stop one of the b45tards chewing through one of the seat belts (Twice!), though. .
              Ha ha been through two sets of seat belts in mine..When we bought ours it already had a hard mesh dog guard in it, which even my Newfie cant push over, bloke said it is out of a citreon - tubular ones are rubbish, as soon as they jump on them the bars slide down and my staffie jumps through the gap

Bit like the pic but not as posh (and thats not my dog )
              http://www.boot-buddy.com/images/top...pageTopPic.jpg
              Last edited by smurfL6; 5 June 2013, 08:47. Reason: adding info

Comment

When we use a dog guard I secure a bit of stiff weld mesh to the head rests with some cable ties. Keep meaning to make a frame for the weld mesh to neaten it up but never get round to it.

Comment

Fabricated mine, 30mm stainless box section, m10 nut welded into all ends, I used adjustable m10 threaded table feet on all ends with bolted weldmesh onto box section. Very sturdy and handy for hanging Dog leads etc onto the mesh.

Comment

Working...
                  X