v8 or not v8 that is the question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v8 or not v8 that is the question!

Just picked this up from fife! A bargain at 1200 quid, the winch, bumper, lights, wheels and tyres must be worth that alone!! But the big question is should I go for a v8???
    I've still got the other surf for now and as you can probably see has only got a 2" body lift and I havent got round to getting the bumper brackets as yet!
    Can anyone tell me the full cost without the lexus because I could find one of them easy enough from £500 to £1000.
    I know a few people on here convert them and I would be looking for someone to do the job in the near future but how much am I looking at for the parts and labour? CheersClick image for larger version

Name:	20130527_140430.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	310.2 KB
ID:	1272668

Click image for larger version

Name:	20130527_140415.jpg
Size:	317.5 KB
ID:	1272669

Name:	20130527_140406.jpg
Size:	310.8 KB
ID:	1272670

Name:	20130527_140346.jpg
Size:	309.6 KB
ID:	1272671

Name:	20130527_140130.jpg
Size:	318.6 KB
ID:	1272672
    Last edited by disco73; 28 May 2013, 14:34.

All it took was a little Search

Then it depends on what else you decide to do whilst it's in bits

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
      All it took was a little Search

Then it depends on what else you decide to do whilst it's in bits
      Cheers andrew!
      3 and a half grand!! ###### hell thats a big chunk of wonga!!!! Plus the engine and parts thats the best part of 5 grand!

If you dont mind me asking what did yours cost all in? Did you do it youself?

Comment

Mine was installed by Vince for another forum user.

I cheated and bought it ready made when it came up for sale

Comment

Look how much it costs in Australia.....
          http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/v...ic.php?t=23975
          Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 29 May 2013, 19:50.

Comment

Look how much they get paid in Australia...

That's not a fair comparison because their cost of living is a lot higher than ours. Minimum wage over there is something like 17 dollars an hour.

I'm not knocking your costs because I appreciate the build quality of your projects (very high standard) but please don't try and justify it using Australia as a benchmark.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              Look how much it costs in Australa.....
              http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/v...ic.php?t=23975
              jeeeeezzz!!! £12,700! suppose thats not too bad with the money some of them are on! i`d like to do a v8 vince but it would take a while to get the stuff and money together. i`ll start collecting the cheaper bits and bobs first off your list but i won`t book a slot with you just yet! thats if you still do the conversion or have an available slot sometime in the future. and as andrew pointed out there would also be other stuff needed doing as well like a side exit exhaust and a few bits doing to the suspension! also need rock slidders off brian! if i get the funds together i`ll give you a bell vince.

Comment

So using todays Aus - uk exchange of 1 dollar=0.64p, the cost is still over £10k. Thats based on a final price of $17k Aus. Is the cost of living twice as high as the UK?
                the general consesus appears to be around a 27% higher retail cost ratio.
                Thar means that a £ 5500 Lexurf in the uk would be an Australian equivalent of
                £8167. Yup Thats very dear.
                The next pist quotes $20k Aus. Thats a final uk equivalent of £12800!!!
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Vince, how many hours labour do you put into a Lexurf ?

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by disco73 View Post
                    jeeeeezzz!!! £12,700! suppose thats not too bad with the money some of them are on! i`d like to do a v8 vince but it would take a while to get the stuff and money together. i`ll start collecting the cheaper bits and bobs first off your list but i won`t book a slot with you just yet! thats if you still do the conversion or have an available slot sometime in the future. and as andrew pointed out there would also be other stuff needed doing as well like a side exit exhaust and a few bits doing to the suspension! also need rock slidders off brian! if i get the funds together i`ll give you a bell vince.
                    I'm booked up until Xmas at the moment, then I'm going to finally convert my '96 3rd gen and stick it on e-Bay for around £5.5k, a much cheaper option if you're interested as you then have a Surf to sell to re-coup some money.

Comment

Working...
                    X