35's spare tyre question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 35's spare tyre question.

Having managed to get a matching spare wheel of ebay I'm keen to use it for the spare but itwon't fit the existing tyre carrier. I had a similar problem with my jeep and purchased an extension plate that fitted onto the spare wheel holder that lifted the wheel away from the carrier. Does anyone know of something similar or how do you go about fitting a larger spare wheel on the carrier? Thanks in advance.

Could buy a wheel spacer. If 30mm is enough
    well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

Originally posted by Black Sheep View Post
      Having managed to get a matching spare wheel of ebay I'm keen to use it for the spare but itwon't fit the existing tyre carrier. I had a similar problem with my jeep and purchased an extension plate that fitted onto the spare wheel holder that lifted the wheel away from the carrier. Does anyone know of something similar or how do you go about fitting a larger spare wheel on the carrier? Thanks in advance.
      Hey Ross. I'm assuming the spare wheel is on a swing out carrier, and not underslung. If simply fitting a 30mm spacer won't do, This is how I repositioned the one on my 2nd gen.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showpost....69&postcount=1
      " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

I saw your thread earlier thanks. I really like what you done there but way beyond my capabilties!

Comment

Well one 30mm spacer later and it's on. Thanks guys.

Comment

Excellent!
            well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

C'mon, Ross. Let's see some updated pic's, then. . I've just put a new set of tyres on mine. They're only 33's and not the 315x75x16's on LC 80 rims that I'd been planning, but at £300 for a set of five virtually brand new ( Spare is unused ), M/T's, I couldn't pass on the deal..

Comment

Happy to oblige!
                Taken just today up Bathgate Hills.

With matching spare.

and finaly just to balance things out. Taken a couple of months ago and not so clean!

Comment

Fantastic, mate. The more I look at modified 3rd gen's, the more I like them. Guess I'll have to stay 2nd gen for a good while yet, though. You've got a matching spare wheel, too. Lucky bleeder! .

Comment

Looking good!

How much lift are you running to clear the 35s?

Any rubbing issues?
                    More Lift.
                    More Tyres.
                    More Engine.

Comment

I was really lucky when I bought it as all the work was done at the time of import I believe. It looks like a 4 inch body lift and 2 inch suspension. No rubbing issues. It drives superb

Comment

Working...
                      X