Middle Rad Hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Middle Rad Hose

Hi all, my middle rad hose blew a 2" hole on me last night so ive lost all the coolant/water that was in the system. RAC taped the pipe up ( i was on a mile from home) so i could get it home. Obviously he filled it with water BUT now ive taken the hose off, NO water came from the system. Assuming its at a level where no water will run out, will that be enough room just to topup up with coolant, or should i remove bottom hose (which id rather not if i dont have to) to make sufficient room for coolant. (only re did that two months ago as well)
    Thanks in advance
    nigel

PS, dam pipe is tapered so not an off the shelf fix locally, GMF do one for a tenner so no postage to pay. Bank Hol may delay order.
    Surf K Reg LN130 2.4 AUTO

Personally I'd drain it out and refill with coolant.

No point in doing it half-arsed, so to speak.

I know coolant aint cheap...but neither is damage from water corrosion etc.

It's a quick job. 10 mins to drain. A bit to refill. Leave it over night with the cap off to burp (Bushwhacker trick that works beautifully).

Comment

Originally posted by Sylux View Post
      Personally I'd drain it out and refill with coolant.

No point in doing it half-arsed, so to speak.

I know coolant aint cheap...but neither is damage from water corrosion etc.

It's a quick job. 10 mins to drain. A bit to refill. Leave it over night with the cap off to burp (Bushwhacker trick that works beautifully).
      Hi Syl, as i mentioned ,id only done a complete drain less than 2 months ago, so was hoping that if the water is at a given level to the middle pipe, then id only have to add enough coolant (the usual amount, about 1.5 lts) to what ever water is left in the system plus extra water if necessary. Its not so much the cost of coolant as having to faff about under the truch with a slipped disk. The other annoying thing is id only just got the dam thing quiet of gurgling, i think Bushwackers cap off tip also involves parking at an incline ? please correct me if im wrong.
      Good job it went last night, due to tow our caravan to Dorset in 2 weeks.
      nigel
      Surf K Reg LN130 2.4 AUTO

Comment

Working...
      X