No announcement yet.

Insurance <£500 - how?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I called flux and cheapest fully comp was over 500 I'm 35, 11 years NBC living in north wales.!!! I don't get it sometimes

Comment

Insurance

Called 2gether insurance you will be quite surprised I was!

Comment

Originally posted by Nige. coll View Post
        aviva insured mine
        under £400 for me 40+ max ncb and my wife 9 bonus points no ncb as a named driver class 1 business use comprehensive
        Aviva don't do imports, or at least that's what they told me, check your vehicle details.
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

I believe LV / Victoria Frizzell don't do new policies on Imports for a few years now ....
          I know cos SWIMBO tried to insure a Isuzi 2 weeks ago .......
          I do believe as an existing customer (over 20 Years) things may be different is you're a current Civil Servant / retired !!
          My Truck is under £300, protected, n 75 % NCD, n 60 years young

11+ Years of Surfs ..... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !!
          Buncefield Burner

Comment

Ended up on £425 - Fully Comp in the missus' name (as she's got 10 years NCD).
            Admiral for reference.

As a side point. In my hours (and hours and hours) of hunting I came across this link http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/ins...ce-job-picker/

It's interesting because it shows how you can tweak your job title and shave off £50 here or there.

Also of interest A Plan seemed to have real problems being able to insure the vehicle, in the end the best quote they could come up with was £725

Certainly we've got to be doing something wrong (apart from Living in Brum of course). Bugger knows what though!

Comment

The boss has just insured her 3rd Gen through A Plan, £230 for both of us, including no claims protection and class 1 business use. Flux were a little cheaper but every time we've insured with them they've tried to roll over the policy as we haven't given them 2 weeks notice so the wife told them to poke it

She's 53, I'm 56, we've got around 10 years NCD and one at fault crunch nearly 5 years ago.

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

£500 from Flux. Driving over 20 years with 20years + of no claims. They said they can't apply my no claims to the Surf as it's a second car. So effectively, I have no no claims on the Surf / with Adrian Flux. I don't get it; I can only drive one car at a time. Why is the no claims discount applied to the car and not the driver? Is this a new thing? Will I have to start my no claims from scratch every time I change my car? Should I only look for well behaved cars to buy in the future, ones that haven't ever driven dangerously or gone over the speed limit? Whole thing's a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by TeaMonsta View Post
                  £500 from Flux. Driving over 20 years with 20years + of no claims. They said they can't apply my no claims to the Surf as it's a second car. So effectively, I have no no claims on the Surf / with Adrian Flux. I don't get it; I can only drive one car at a time. Why is the no claims discount applied to the car and not the driver? Is this a new thing? Will I have to start my no claims from scratch every time I change my car? Should I only look for well behaved cars to buy in the future, ones that haven't ever driven dangerously or gone over the speed limit? Whole thing's a joke.
                  Smells like B/S to me.
                  Insurance companies seem to think they can scare you into paying any amount they can dream up.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                    Smells like B/S to me.
                    Insurance companies seem to think they can scare you into paying any amount they can dream up.
                    It's outrageous, isn't it? I was in a bit of a fix when I insured, though. I'd just bought the car, was about to drive away and realised I hadn't insured it so had to do it sitting in the car. No time to shop around as I usually do.

Comment

Well sorry to burst a few bubbles but I have got fully comp for the truck AND a volvo 740 gle for £406.03 Admiral !
                      Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                      Tony

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires View Post
                        Well sorry to burst a few bubbles but I have got fully comp for the truck AND a volvo 740 gle for £406.03 Admiral !
                        Yeah, but you're a pensioner.
                        SAGA would have been cheaper.........apparently.

Comment

Wasn't cheaper for us ...

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                            Yeah, but you're a pensioner.
                            SAGA would have been cheaper.........apparently.
                            That technically is not true (till 21st next month!) and I wouldnt advise anyone to go to Saga, not too bad for the first year but then the charge doubled on renewal, and they dont do imports.
                            Saga also quoted me £300+ for a 2cv got it for less than £95 elsewhere!

Aaaand at least my memory is still working Vince ;-)
                            Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                            Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

Wasn't cheaper for us ...

or us n we both had Imports at the time !!
                              Can ya see a pattern forming !!
                              Another Bankers scenario occurring me thinks ......

11+ Years of Surfs ..... n Faultless is my Yota !!
                              Buncefield Burner

Comment

I have had a chat with a company called Sky insurance. They know of the surf forum and took my user name as a reference. Got car club discount offered and a better deal than Flux could do.
                                Flux wanted 700ish to insure my gen 3.
                                Sky could do for 422, my present insurer was 516, thinking of getting a refund on policy if it the refund is good and moving.
                                They would also insure the 4.0 Soarer on a new policy for 472 TPFT. That's all they could do due to age and value.

Comment

Working...
                                X