1st time for everything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st time for everything

Thought I'd start a thread for my Surf, since suffering from a cracked head a few months ago and not being able to afford a garage repair. Initially, I thought it might just be the waterpump, the garage I normally use informed me that they had given up on trying to fit a new waterpump because they were unable to get the bottom pulley off, and this is a professional garage!
    So, I scraped some money together, bought a second hand bottom half engine and a new head from Roughtrax. The pic is the start of a journey that I'm really looking forward too, and a little concerned about. This is the first time I've tried this, don't know what to expect really, but only one way to find out, right?
    Attached Files

Superb.
    Might want to consider putting it in the right section.

Good luck.
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Will be watching with interest

Please use bigger pics, though.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
        Superb.
        Might want to consider putting it in the right section.

Good luck.
        oops, thought I had put it in the right section, MODS - can this be moved to the correct section please

Thank You

Comment

Originally posted by Sylux View Post
          Will be watching with interest

Please use bigger pics, though.
          I know, not sure what happened there, the pic was definitely bigger before I posted it, lol.

Comment

If its any help heres my rather vague writeup in my engine upgrade (removal, parts swapping and replacing)
            http://hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=76963

Defiantly the right site to ask for any help so dont be shy we dont mind helping each other out

Fittings the heads on these is fairly easy, once you've done it you'll wonder why garages charge so much to do them, daylight robbery really
            Its a new truck, Because every parts been replaced

Comment

Hoping everything will go ok and I don't end up making a pigs ear of it. Really looking forward to doing it though. The only real issue for me is having to work Monday to Thursday for 10 hrs a day, I don't get in until about 10pm and have a school run every morning, so can only work on it from Friday morning until Sunday night. Also have all the usual domestic stuff to do as well as any cruises / car shows that I'm going too. I also own a 1968 Dodge Charger which I'm busy replacing the steering on, and a 351 Windsor V8 belonging to my wife in the garage that she wants to rebuild when we move. Oh yeah, and the house is up for sale, then theres the Frontera that needs work, lol. No wonder I'm never bored !

Comment

Working...
              X