Hi new surf owner (wheels for sale)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi new surf owner (wheels for sale)

Bought a 4-runner last week, i think the guy may have been a member on here going by the decals

the wheels and tyres are not to my tastes so they will be up for sale if anyones interested, or a possible swap with some 33's or 35's
    Last edited by Morango; 19 May 2013, 12:57. Reason: wasnt working

Originally posted by Morango View Post
    not sure if it works
    Welcome to the forum. Your truck was previously owned by "Evil Dwarf". If you check the forum rules, you'll find the charges for posting "for sale" ad's. You should find some takers for those, as they're handsome wheels and tyres. Bit too big for me, though. .

PS. Interesting that you refer to it as a 4Runner. What does it say in the log book? It's a Surf.
    Last edited by MWS; 19 May 2013, 13:05.
    " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

yea i have had problems posting, i couldnt post in the new room and the post i put in there mysteriously turns up in this room.

So sorry about the double posting

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
        Welcome to the forum. Your truck was previously owned by "Evil Dwarf". If you check the forum rules, you'll find the charges for posting "for sale" ad's. You should find some takers for those, as they're handsome wheels and tyres. Bit too big for me, though. .

PS. Interesting that you refer to it as a 4Runner. What does it say in the log book? It's a Surf.
        ahh right well i will just chuck them on ebay.

well the log book said 4-runner, and to be honest i dont know what it is, and i dont know the difference

all i know is it is a 3.0TD auto says hilux surf on the back and with ssr ( i think) and limited.

also it has seat belts for 4 but 5 seater on the log book?

Comment

Err wow, they wheels are big! Welcome to the forum

Comment

ahh right well i will just chuck them on ebay.

well the log book said 4-runner, and to be honest i dont know what it is, and i dont know the difference

all i know is it is a 3.0TD auto says hilux surf on the back and with ssr ( i think) and limited.

also it has seat belts for 4 but 5 seater on the log book?
            Hijack.....Sorry, I bet you get that all the time. If you lift up the base of your rear seat, ( It tilts forward) you'll probably find that the fifth seat belt is just a lap belt in the middle, that's been tucked under the seat base. There's loads of info on here about the difference between a Surf and a 4Runner. .

Comment

The tyres look knackered. The wheels look good thou.
              Welcome
              Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                The tyres look knackered. The wheels look good thou.
                Welcome
                12mm of tread, knackered?

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
                  Hijack.....Sorry, I bet you get that all the time. If you lift up the base of your rear seat, ( It tilts forward) you'll probably find that the fifth seat belt is just a lap belt in the middle, that's been tucked under the seat base. There's loads of info on here about the difference between a Surf and a 4Runner. .
                  ahh right thanks

so is mine a surf or a 4 runner?
                  Last edited by Morango; 19 May 2013, 19:08.

Comment

ahh right thanks

so is mine a surf or a 4 runner?
                    Surf.

Comment

12mm of tread, knackered?
                      There isn't 12mm of tread on those tyres.
                      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                        There isn't 12mm of tread on those tyres.
                        Plus they haven't moved for twelve months!

They're 'Lucifer's' old wheels/tyres.

Comment

Sweet truck. Love the wheels but too big for me as well.

Wonder why the logbook says 4runner?

Comment

Nice tyres, anymore info on them I might be interested....

Comment

well, despite people being able to measure a photo, 2 have 12mm and 2 have 10mm, they are 38.5x14.5 r16.5 Super Swamper TSL/SX's on a set of Elite Max rims.

The wheels are in very good condition, one looks like it has a mark from undoing the bolt.

The tyres are getting on a bit but they are not knackered, but 2 do have a fine split / crack in the side wall which is very shallow, these are steel belted rims and (so im told) will run on 4psi and still hold the vehicle up.

They all hold there air currently at 20psi.

I am looking at selling them or maybe a swap with a set of 15x10 alloys with either 33's or 35's by 12.5 wide (or simular) but this wont be a straight swap unless the wheels are new

They where on a set of 30mm spacers which i recommend using. Ive had to leave the spacers on the truck to fit another set of wheels.

I can deliver around london/kent/essex or meet half way etc for the right price.

ps - to the mods - if this counts as selling them i will pay the £3 fee, as long as i get an advert in the forsale section as well (please dont delete)

Comment

Working...
                              X