Do you know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you know?

got a tipper trailer that after 12 or 13 times used the battery gets flat.
    so i thought to put a 12s type socket (same wiring as caravans) on the surf to be able to charge the battery of it while im driving, but many told me to not do it because i will burn the surf (the wires by overheating them) is that true?
    how can i wire that safely?
    any diagram?
    many thanks
    the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

If you use heavy duty cable wired through an alternator controlled relay (There's a proper term for it but I've had a glass or three) then there shouldn't be a problem

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

If you use heavy duty cable wired through an alternator controlled relay (There's a proper term for it but I've had a glass or three) then there shouldn't be a problem

"split charge relay" ??
      Сви можемо

Comment

That's the bugger !

These drugs don't seem to mix well with red wine ...

Comment

so the idea to use the socket for caravan, is a no?
          or put the cable true it?
          the caravans got batteries that charge from the car while it drives, is it?
          thanks
          the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Using a 12S is fine BUT you need heavy duty cables for battery charging and powering the fridge.

If I remember correctly there are different wiring options for the 12S so be very careful that the vehicle wiring matches the trailer or you could have problems !

http://www.westerntowing.co.uk/acata...g_diagram.html

Ideally the cables going to terminals 3, 4 6 and 7 will all be heavy duty on both the tow vehicle and the trailer.

On the tow vehicle pin 7 can be connected directly to a good earth so a really heavy duty cable won't be too much of a problem !

Comment

Working...
            X