No announcement yet.

advice on selling a 4 runner (94 plate)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice on selling a 4 runner (94 plate)

not selling immediately as waiting for cherished plate to be transfered and I WILL put on the for sale section here first and pay the fee.

the problem i have is that the truck is mechanically good especially the engine which has never missed a beat but it needs new wings and rusty wheel arches sorting. It has had the plastic wheel arch extensions fitted which have clearly acted as a water trap plus its a 4 runner! Had the truck for 6 years and love it but it needs some TLC. A house extension has taken proirity and I just have not got the time.

So is it worth selling, breaking or is it likely it will get bought for spares?

Its one of them where i have become attached and would like to think there's a few miles in her yet but am i being sentimental and once the bodywork starts going it's the breakers in the sky.

Any ideas on value to sell or spares/repair (2 months MOT/8 months tax/170k)?

will post pics in the for sale section in a week or so, DVLA dependant. Might post earlier but can not sell until V5 is returned

Seriously this is not a for sale ad and I am more than happy to pay the fee and a £20 charity donation if i dont have to deal with fleabay idiots.

any advice would be welcome

Originally posted by hilly64 View Post
    not selling immediately as waiting for cherished plate to be transfered and I WILL put on the for sale section here first and pay the fee.

the problem i have is that the truck is mechanically good especially the engine which has never missed a beat but it needs new wings and rusty wheel arches sorting. It has had the plastic wheel arch extensions fitted which have clearly acted as a water trap plus its a 4 runner! Had the truck for 6 years and love it but it needs some TLC. A house extension has taken proirity and I just have not got the time.

So is it worth selling, breaking or is it likely it will get bought for spares?

Its one of them where i have become attached and would like to think there's a few miles in her yet but am i being sentimental and once the bodywork starts going it's the breakers in the sky.

Any ideas on value to sell or spares/repair (2 months MOT/8 months tax/170k)?

will post pics in the for sale section in a week or so, DVLA dependant. Might post earlier but can not sell until V5 is returned

Seriously this is not a for sale ad and I am more than happy to pay the fee and a £20 charity donation if i dont have to deal with fleabay idiots.

any advice would be welcome
    Will probably get more if you break it,but will take time and space to do it. I am interested in putting a 4runner engine in my mark 3 hilux but was a bit worried about the head issues on the kz-t engine which i only posted yesterday!!

Comment

Didnt know there was head issues with these? Mine had full main dealer service history upto 140 odd K and i have always ran genuine toyota red coolant with a good rad so maybe that has helped

Comment

Originally posted by hilly64 View Post
        Didnt know there was head issues with these? Mine had full main dealer service history upto 140 odd K and i have always ran genuine toyota red coolant with a good rad so maybe that has helped
        That allways helps buddy!! Are you on your second rad now? saw in an old post of yours that you had a leak?

Comment

Yes first one developed a hairline crack on the top of the top header.

Comment

[QUOTE=hilly64;796063]Yes first one developed a hairline crack on the top of the top header.[/QUOT

Will keep a eye out for your truck in the for sale section!!!

Comment

please do, nice a-bar, wheels and momo stearing wheel

will sell soon as plate comes back as need space on drive, if time will try to list at weekend to see if any interest.

must read up on posting pics lol

Comment

Working...
              X