Internet security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet security

Not sure how common this, anyhow i recently received an email claiming to come from a kid somewhere in Russia wanting to make friends (internet penfriends), he was keen to know where I was born and other security sensitive information. I promptly filed this in the F*** off and die bin

A few days later my email and Facebook accounts came under attack. Google froze my email and alerted me to the attack, similarly FB was also attacked. The hackers guys appear to be using an application to access accounts.

Has anyone heard of this before, is this just a random attack or has some of my info been stolen whilst using WiFi in cafes etc. The hackers seem to go to a lot of effort to obtain personal info.

Thanks
    Last edited by Vultch; 13 May 2013, 11:58.

Back in the day Baby

Someone's got hold of some of your info and is trying to get the last few bits so that they can fleece you.

I'm afraid you're going to have to change your passwords. Probably not from WiFi unless you've been on open networks. More likely to be something you clicked on and don't even remember.

Comment

Thanks for that, yes I changed all my passwords immediately and strengthened them.
      I'm usually fairly careful about personal info. I use Mac's at home hardwired to the net and an iPad when out and about. But i have recently read about packet sniffing, software that allows you to see other WiFi users data in hotels and internet cafes etc.

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Do providers suggest security of private information?

Comment

Originally posted by kosai1111 View Post
          Do providers suggest security of private information?
          Of course a lot of providers have security. Nowadays, I think everybody has it. It is safe and secured. It always depends on the company you are using, but I’m lucky on this question. I’m using usave service, their link -https://usave.co.uk/, that is very good for me. The payment is nice, I had no problems with it till now, all is working great with no accidents. More than all the conditions are very convenient for me and the best part is that you can choose by yourself all necessary conditions! It is better than suffer because of very high payment or something like this. So, the provider is very important and useful thing that is very necessary in our life. Good luck! More

Comment

Working...
          X