New KZN130 owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New KZN130 owner

Good day, acquired a '95 surf 3.0 diesel auto last week, Good truck, went through mot on Saturday with a few problems. Slight play on all ball joints, not enough to fail. Power steering box slightly weeping, inner cv gaiters and a rusty exhaust. Will try and get round to these soon. After doing some research I think the head gasket is away. Doesn't overheat but pressurises and spits water out through expansion tank overflow pipe. Replaced rad cap and ran coolant flush through it.

From what I understand the truck has been lifted 2" and is running general grabbers. Looking forward to contribute to the site and pick your brains.

Paul
    Paul

Surfless, donations welcome.

Not being funny but I think the reason for the sale is a cracked head. Welcome along anyway, you might be lucky.

Comment

hello & welcome Paul

Comment

Hello

Get your coolant checked for exhaust gases, it is almost never the head gasket.

Welcome along
        Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Hello and welcome , doing both upper ball joints on mine next week. Took it to the garage as I had a squeaky raunchy noise from off side front and they tell me both upper ball joints are nacked. Lets hope it's what's making the noise.

Comment

Hi and welcome

Comment

Ach if I spend 6 - 800 fixing it il be happy. Still a fairly cheap truck I think.

Last edited by M8WHR; 4 May 2013, 09:25.
              Paul

Comment

Paul

Comment

Welcome. Don't buy a cheap eBay head if you are going to do it properly. Parts will be closer to a grand however you will then have a truck good for another 100+ k
                  Brian

Comment

Welcome

Looks like yours used to have a snorkel and has lost the rear wheel carrier.

Is the spare back under the truck?

Comment

Okay cheers Brian. Been told about milners. Any good?

Spare wheel is sitting beside the shed in the most useful place possible. It was in the boot floor but was taking up too much room. Wouldn't mind an underslung bracket for it. Anyone recognise the wheels? They are 18" I like them but they need refurbed.
                      Paul

Comment

My old 2.4 had a replacement Milners head. It was a genuine toyota item You have Roughtrax as well.
                        As Brian said though, dont be tempted by a cheapo ebay head.

Good luck.!
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Hi n Welcome to the Forum enjoy ya stay n ya Truck even more !!

11+ Years of Surfs ..... N faultless to a "T" is my Yota !!
                          Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                          X