Wow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow!

Came across this action shot of a 4Runner yesterday. I don't think it's Photoshopped, but there's something just not quite right about it. what does the team think?
    Attached Files
    " Time wounds all heels ".

Take off point/angle looks all wrong,
    well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

Well I can say that yes ive had mine airborn a few times, but not that bloomin high

I got a little exuberant one day and got mabey 30cm tops and can tell you the landing is not comfy and it still hits the bump stops, so if this is real they're going to have either a broken surf, or a broken tailbone
      Its a new truck, Because every parts been replaced

Comment

I would have thought that it would have been a bit further past the crest to be that high.

Comment

..... and no shadow on the ground.

Comment

The dip that the car just came out of APPEARS to be a continuation of the river which is visible on the left of the pic. If this is the case, I'd expect the car to be wet and to have been slowed down a lot!

And yeah, it looks odd with no shadow on the ground, although it could be the other side of the crest where we can't see it.

The pic is plausible but I am sceptical.
            Last edited by Team Japan; 2 May 2013, 11:03.
            Andy

Comment

Use the search, man!

Check out the links at the bottom of the page, man!

Just kidding, of course

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthrea...t=56356&page=2

Comment

Btw...that situation may be real but the photo had definitely been photoshopped. Looks like just to enhance the image.

Comment

Searching that image brings up plenty of threads from across the water about long travel mods etc.

This is the guy's thread:

http://www.yotatech.com/f116/total-c...nstall-162468/

Comment

Nah. Fake, I reckon. Can't see that he'd be able to achieve the speed needed from the bottom of that trough that he's just come up from. And if he'd built up the required speed from the other side of the trough, he would've slammed into the bank that he's supposedly just launched himself from. Unless the trough is ALOT wider than it appears and there's enough distance at the bottom of it to get up to speed. Doesn't look like it, though. I reckon the car looks too small, too.
                    Last edited by TeaMonsta; 2 May 2013, 14:54.

Comment

Check the link above

Comment

There is a video on here of me being draft and jumping my jimmy. It was no where near that and I know what the landing was like.

That is a Photoshop effort.

Or trick suspension having seen the other pictures.
                        Last edited by yoshie; 2 May 2013, 20:34.
                        Brian

Comment

Having now seen the other photos, though..............

Comment

I agree with David the angle from the crest doesn't look right. And after reading your thread nick the truck does look a little on the small side. If a disco driver was to ask though, it's completely genuine.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylux View Post
                              Use the search, man!

Check out the links at the bottom of the page, man!

Just kidding, of course

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthrea...t=56356&page=2
                              Well spotted Sy! The image that I posted came off Pirate 4x4.com. The lack of water coming off the truck made me a bit dubious. I didn't see the other two pics. I'm now of the opinion that it's genuine, but Photoshopped to enhance the image. Still a great pic, though..
                              " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Working...
                              X