yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chuffed with how these wheels turned out...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16"x8" with +10 offset

Comment

Maybe try some wheel spacers? - Positive offset not great for surfs..

Comment

So I hear...but the thing is...these never rubbed on the arches. My steelies are 0 offset and do (at full lock only...ease off a tiny bit and they don't). I do love the stance of the steelies, though

Not bothered anyway. It's not an issue atm. Future lifts will take care of any of that.

More bothered that the only centre caps available are the huge chrome things I already have

Comment

Maybe and maybe not.
          Where do they rub on the arches?

Different, truck, different wheels, but mine are 0 offset and didn't rub - just.
          But they were really under the arches, so i stuck some 30mm spacers on (-30 off set). They now rub more due to the increased radius of wheel travel. Imagine your wheel scribing an arc as it turns, the greater the -ve offset the larger the arc radius.
          Surfs are pretty good at accomodating this though..
          unlike mk6 2toomanydoorpickups.
          "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
          www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

You sure the noise from full lock isn't your steering stops ?

FWIW I've ran a fair few different wheel setups and never had standard tyre sizes rub..

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
              You sure the noise from full lock isn't your steering stops ?

FWIW I've ran a fair few different wheel setups and never had standard tyre sizes rub..
              Good point...
              "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
              www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

No...my stops went BANG until I greased them. Need to renew them properly.

I'm 100% the rub is the wheel on the back of the arch. I've been testing this and can see it happening. It's ever so slightly.

But I'm not bothered right now. So don't worry about it.

My suspension is very poor and needs to be the next thing sorted.

Comment

Anyone know of centre caps different from the ones I have?

Comment

Keep greasing them. The plastic caps wear through in no time.
                    www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
                      Keep greasing them. The plastic caps wear through in no time.
                      I use coppaslip now.
                      Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

The wheels look great.

I considered having mine done too as there are a bit battered but have been quoted between £60 and £80 a wheel....Becomes a bit lumpy to get 5 done !

Cheers + ATVB

Philip
                        Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?

Comment

Working...
                        X