Radio wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio wiring

Hi, I've scrolled through all of the posts regarding the wiring loom of the surf. I have fitted a stereo into my surf with the use of a motor world block adaptor. However, the memory still erases every time the key is removed. I've the luxury of the 12v constant wire being labelled on the new loom, it runs into the blue with yellow/white(mines pretty dirty) wire. I was lead to believe that this was the correct setup???

Anyway, I'm looking towards the route of splicing now, can anybody suggest a constant 12v feed from around that area of the dash...my head is now pickled with the whole situation...thanks in advance.

Try swapping the red and yellow wires around - sometimes the adapter looms swap the permanent and switched livess.

Comment

I'll give it a whirl first thing, I'd nearly come to the conclusion that the surf doesn't even have a constant live.lol. Are the original radios at all desirable to anybody???

Comment

Only those that are looking for a door stop ...

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Forgot to update this thread...been enjoying my new perfectly wired radio, cheers for the heads up on the wire swapping. Gone are the days of repetitive channel tuning....

Comment

Working...
          X