Where have all the surfs gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where have all the surfs gone?

I am looking to upgrade from the 4 runner (rusty arches etc) but it has been the best and cheapest vehicle i have ever owned and will look to sell through forum when I get a replacement as mechanically it is spot on just needs tlc which i just havnt got the time to administer

I remember when i first got the truck, my first and by a strange coincidence, it was meant to be .... bless her. Anyway at the time there were loads of really tidy 3rd gens about...NOW nothing, very few ads on here, not much elsewhere.

Are they all being exported?

Found myself looking at a £6500 one on gumtree...surely this is too expensive or is it? One on here £7000??

What is a realistic price for a very clean standard 3l 3rd gen hairdressers car these days

Started looking at other stuff, isuzu, nissan etc but they just aint the same and i know i will be dissapointed

Help before i make a mistake that i know i will regret lol

I may need to sell my 3rd gen soon . Not very tidy but tidy and will be priced accordingly. Watch the ads sale as I will offer it here first.
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Alot are going to Burma. There are groups of guys going round the UK buying them up to export there where they're getting top money. Apparently. Be patient. Reckon you'll get the one you're after. When I ws looking there were hardly any, but after I'd bought mine there were loads on the market.

Be prepared to travel. Check out AK Motors in Bolton. They get lots of them through their doors. But you have to be quick. I went to see some when I was looking but they'd sold by the time I got there with others in their place (or that's what they said, at least!). Their website is http://www.akmotors-bolton.co.uk/

I ended up getting mine through a dealer near Bournemouth; Jordan Car Sales in Three Legged Cross. He seems to stick to selling the nicer ones. Make sure you've done your homework and know how Surfs should be priced before visiting a dealer, though. I've found that they tend to put a higher price on them because, at the end of the day, they can usually afford to wait for the one muppet who doesn't realise he's paying over the top.

PS. £3000 will get you a nice one. £4000 will get you an exceptional one. Any more than that and I reckon you're looking at almost showroom condition, very low mileage for year (based on my experience selling my one recently and scrutinising prices of various examples on Gumtree, eBay and AutoTrader plus the response and final selling price of mine).
      Last edited by TeaMonsta; 4 May 2013, 21:14.

Comment

Originally posted by hilly64 View Post

Found myself looking at a £6500 one on gumtree...surely this is too expensive or is it? One on here £7000??

If your looking at the one in the for sales section for £7000 you better look a bit more closely
        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi View Post
          If your looking at the one in the for sales section for £7000 you better look a bit more closely
          I didn't spot that at first, either.

Comment

Working...
          X