yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friendly help wanted! Before I desolder the rear window relays...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm honestly not being mean, but that's a hell of a production to go through when the first two replies told you that it was either the switch or the wire from the switch and one minute with a multimeter would have identified the issue.

Still, at least you've not explored the full insanity of that relay box so will be armed when it goes mad again, which it will. Why they couldn't just have a split tailgate with the top half hinged up and the bottom half hinged down is beyond me.

Comment

I don't think you are being mean

The OP is about Relays. Not switches or MMs. I mention in the OP that I had checked the switch (although I didn't test with MM).

It wasn't the switch. And I knew this.

The question is about whether or not the relays could work for one and not the other. To save me from desoldering it.

That answer never came. And is still unanswered to a degree

I'd STILL have needed to remove everything to be able to check both ends of the wiring to do anything with a MM. So the production was the same.

I just shouldn't have posted and done the reading before hand. Come in here and looked all smart that I'd solved it by reading my wiring diagrams.

Team Japan was right and I did go that way...but that wasn't the question in the first place.

But now when someone searches...they'll find this and very helpful wiring diagrams. Not dead links in 10 year old threads

Comment

Your right about searching old threads with out of date links
        And I'm lucky you may have solved my problem as it is the same as yours
        No down with key.
        Initially thought duff relay but I will get a mm to check the wiring

Cheers

Steve

Steve

Comment

Working...
        X