Refurbishing a narrow boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refurbishing a narrow boat

My boss has provided labour and materials to help out refurbish a narrow boat on the Union canal near where I work. The boat is operated by a charity called The Seagull Trust, it takes old folks, disabled people, people with learning difficulties and kids who are disadvantaged on canal cruises.

Makes a wee change from building buses.
    Surrounded by nice scenery and wildlife and getting paid for it.

The boat was originally built by apprentices at the Govan shipyards. It was really needing a good gut out and refit. We have fully rewired it and will fit a PA system and halogen lighting.
    More pics to follow as the progress goes on.
    The floors have been fitted and the side panels and new heating ducts. The ceiling is underway now.

Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Nice one.
    Guy Martin "eat your heart out"
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Are they bus windows?

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

One thing about Charlie Alexanders, they're not short of a bus window, or two. . Will you get to take it on the Falkirk Wheel, Alan? I've driven past it tons of times, and it looks really cool. Fantastic project mate. And a worthy cause. .
        " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

If you pass the Wheel you are 5 mins from me. Give me a shout next time.
          Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
            If you pass the Wheel you are 5 mins from me. Give me a shout next time.
            I would love to have been able to Brian. I used to visit Falkirk and Laurieston every week, when I used to sell bearings and gearbox parts. Sadly, I'm no longer in that job. I havent been up your way for about six years.
            " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
              Are they bus windows?

Not sure, they have stickers on them that say SEAGLAZE, but they are a similar style to some of the older windows.

We have been promised a wee trip to the Falkirk Wheel and down to the Forth and Clyde canal when we are finished.

Glad the floor is finished, it's 25mm thick and weighs a ###### ton!

Even managed to get my cheeky apprentices to do a wee bit today.
              Alan

Comment

Alan

Comment

Ceilings with halogens and speakers done, getting taped and ready for sealing tomorrow. Floor covering being done next week.
                  Alan

Comment

Fitted the tarabus flooring today.
                    Alan

Comment

Wiring the main board.
                      Alan

Comment

Testing the halogen lighting.
                        Alan

Comment

That floor would look good in my garage you got a spare 400 square foot

Lights would be braw as well.
                          Brian

Comment

Nae use for you dropping weld splatter on. And you can wire the light if I get them.
                            Alan

Comment

What if we do one half for next project if I promise not to weld near it.

Lights ha easy
                              Brian

Comment

Working...
                              X