Views:	1
Size:	319.2 KB
ID:	1272611
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20130420_183215.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	309.5 KB
ID:	1272613
    first proper bit of off roading today at pigeon tower, rivington! nearly got it stuck on the towbar! that has to go!!
    Last edited by disco73; 20 April 2013, 23:12.

Still, at least the other vehicle with you would have been able to drag you off

that's assuming you weren't on your own, and ignoring the first rule of green laning

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
      Still, at least the other vehicle with you would have been able to drag you off

that's assuming you weren't on your own, and ignoring the first rule of green laning
      yes stupidly on my own but a few trucks do go through there so hopefuly wouldnt be stuck for long!

Comment

Ha Ha! That is until you get stuck and no-one else comes along! you know that guy called Murphy dont you?
        www.lanestracksandtrails.co.uk Devon Rep GLASS

Comment

Originally posted by Jimpics57 View Post
          Ha Ha! That is until you get stuck and no-one else comes along! you know that guy called Murphy dont you?
          well i had a mars bar duo and half a bottle of water with me so i probably could of lasted nearly an hour before my mate started to look like a roast chicken!!the way i see it your not stuck until you`ve run out of petrol or blew the engine up! :-)

Comment

Hey Colin. I can see the tower from my house, in Chorley. I've been up that track a few times. It's not very challenging, and only quite short. However, considering the miniscule amount of legal lanes in the region, it's worth a trundle, if you're already in the area.
            " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
              Hey Colin. I can see the tower from my house, in Chorley. I've been up that track a few times. It's not very challenging, and only quite short. However, considering the miniscule amount of legal lanes in the region, it's worth a trundle, if you're already in the area.
              it was the first bit of "off roading" i`ve ever done! i`m tring to get used to the surf before i go too mad! got a few mods to do before i venture further afield and my mate has to sort his shogun boooo ha ha don`t want to go too far on my own so i shogun following me will have to do! been upto pigeon tower a few times so i knew the track was there and only went down so next time i`ll come up from the carpark! i need a suspension lift and better tyres before i try the other way. is there somewhere you can recommend? i`m coming from waterloo, liverpool not far from the docks.

Comment

When I've been on that track, it has always been uphill from the car park. Like I said, there are few other legal lanes in the region. Wildor, a 50 acre pay and play site in Ince, near Wigan is open once a month. It's got some quite challenging deeply rutted sections, and during the wetter months (almost all year round, then), it's very muddy. It was open today, but I had to work. Next one should be towards the end of May, always on a Sunday. Maybe I'll see you there. Here are some pics to give you some idea.
                Attached Files

Comment

Do you have the intercooler bonnet scoop on that way to stop mud filling it up? Also...does it still cool effectively?

Comment

Nice looking trucks. As for the tow bar it does protect your bumper. Although I will be removing it in favour of a bar off a new L200.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylux View Post
                      Do you have the intercooler bonnet scoop on that way to stop mud filling it up? Also...does it still cool effectively?
                      Hi Sy. There's been a bit of debate about this subject over the years. I have fitted it that way to act as a hot air vent, rather than a cold air scoop. The science behind it, being that it allows more hot air to exit the engine bay, allowing a greater volume of cold air to pass more efficiently through the radiator.

Comment

Ah, nice approach.

Very much along the lines of my awesome pc case. Getting the hot out can be equally, if not slightly more, important than getting the cool in.

Comment

Working...
                        X