I just can't cope anymore.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just can't cope anymore.

Hello boys & girls, hope you are all well.

I think it's time to come to my senses & buy another 3rd gen, since I sold my old one I have been through 3 other motors & they just don't come close to my beloved surf.

This winter has really made my mind up & by the look of things the British winters are only going to get worse according to all the weather boffins.

Only bad thing is that I will be on here more often asking questions like what is the red button for.
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Welcome back Si

You knew this was going to happen as soon as you saw the old motor drive off
    Still it's a perfect excuse to upgrade to the petrol version now

Comment

Hi Si,

Hope you're doing ok.

I think on the day I bought your Surf I knew I was being the bad guy. I was the same when I sold my Mk2 GTI to help fund the Surf, I just felt weird, sad, and then seeing the drive half empty kept reminding me. The other thing that didn't help was I started to see a few Mk2's on the road, it's weird, they're only cars, but I guess it depends on what sort of an owner you are, if its just an A to B vehicle to you, you won't care, but if its your pride and joy, out washing it every weekend, washing off bird $hit the moment you notice it, doing your own maintenance, it's always going to be a sad day when you see them drive off

I for one will be interested in what you end up getting, petrol, diesel, inter-cooler, colour, etc If I were you I'd look for something similar to Vince/Bushwhacker, as any comparisons to your old Surf are likely to be more favourable to your new one, but then on the other hand get another nice blue over silver, and it might just feel like your old one

As for your old Surf Si, if the weather holds up I'll be attempting to install SS braided brake hoses this weekend

Thanks

Rog

Comment

Seen a few near me but not up to scratch, I'm going to take my time like I did with my old one & not jump in & buy one for the sake of it, took me 8 or 10 attempts of driving for miles looking at sheds before I literally stumbled across mine just 5 miles from home & streight away I just knew it was right.

Watch this space.............

Comment

Here you go Si, not exactly down the road, but if I remember rightly you've said in the past that you quite like white ones, plus this would knock Vince off of the top spot

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-m...ara/1014721482

Comment

Originally posted by fsaroyster View Post
            Here you go Si, not exactly down the road, but if I remember rightly you've said in the past that you quite like white ones, plus this would knock Vince off of the top spot

I'm still not sure on that shape + I don't want to spend that much, looking at the £4000 mark.

Comment

Good Luck Si. Hope you find a really nice one.
              " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Ey up Si,

Did'nt think it was going to be too long, good luck in your search mate.
                See you at Avlanche if it's on. Anyone got any ideas on that?

Steve.
                Gman.
                If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                  I'm still not sure on that shape + I don't want to spend that much, looking at the £4000 mark.
                  if i was looking i think i would go for black
                  Attached Files

Comment

Black 4th Gen? Bit common I think you'll find...

Comment

Originally posted by silva surfa View Post
                      if i was looking i think i would go for black
                      Now that is nice, stealthy looking.

Comment

Seems an honest truck and close to a good price.
                        http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Range...item3f242962ac
                        Brian

Comment

I think when you can turn a 3rd gen from this to this, for a few quid and a little elbow grease, who needs 4th gens?

Man I love the yanks and their build threads!

For those of you who appreciate a build thread here's a link to this guys..

http://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-ge...formation.html

Comment

Originally posted by fsaroyster View Post

Cheaper here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2004-TOYOT...item3cd098cd7b
                            Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                            My choice
                            Back off

Comment

Hi,
                              Going back to your original post, have you seen Teamonsta's 3rd Gen in the for sale section?
                              Looks like a nice tidy surf...and price is negotiable, provided it's still available, that is.
                              Good luck with your search.

Comment

Working...
                              X