Wheel Identification?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel Identification?

These wheels ( 8"x15" -28 offset ) were on my Gen 2 when I bought it - although tatty & flaky silver.Now sand blasted and powder coated in satin black.
    Just wondering if anyone knows what they are or has one, as I would like a fifth one for spare?
    Attached Files

My first thought was Mini-lite, but they are generally eight spoke.
    The search continues............

Comment

Have you checked the insides? Many wheels have ID marks on the inside/back of the wheel.

Comment

Like a mach 5 wheel with extra spokes. Are they split rims?
        Brian

Comment

Cheers folks,
          Yep, checked the inside, only markings are the size, offset and the JWL symbol which is a general wheel approval stamp I think - correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Sorry Yoshie,
            Yes they are split rims - been welded up all round the seam though.

Comment

Hey Perrin. That JWL logo appears on almost all of the Japanese wheels that I've seen. I have that logo on mine, and also on a spare set of alloys in my garage, that I know to have been produced by a company called Raguna. There was a member on here (Steve S, I think ) who had those wheels on his truck. It was bought, and broken for spares by Tintin. You could contact him and ask what happened to the wheels. There's also a 2.4 running round Chorley, that had a set of those painted yellow. I've recently seen it with standard Surf alloys. I could ask him if he still has them.
              " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

try email these people, they are in holland
                http://www.showoffimports.nl/product...roductid=37391
                the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ultimagtr21 View Post
                  These wheels ( 8"x15" -28 offset ) were on my Gen 2 when I bought it - although tatty & flaky silver.Now sand blasted and powder coated in satin black.
                  Just wondering if anyone knows what they are or has one, as I would like a fifth one for spare?
                  Hey Perrin. Just a quick update to let you know that I haven't forgotten about your wheels. I've knocked at the guys door twice, now, but there's never anyone home. I'll keep trying.

Comment

Thanks for that. I've been looking, but no success yet.

Comment

Hey Perrin. Just to update you on those wheels. I couldn't get in touch with the guy with the yellow wheels, but lo and behold, I've just come across this ad. This is definitely the chap. Trouble is, he's asking way too much for them. .

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x4-split-...item35c86852ae

Comment

Nice one, they're definately the ones. Massively overpriced indeed though.

Comment

I don't want to hijack the thread but it seems pointless starting a new one for the same query.

I recently bought 4 wheels and tyres (Cooper STTs) and need to buy a spare. Does anybody know what these wheels are?

Alternatively, if anyone has one for sale I'd be glad to hear from you and pay the relevant subs to the site.

http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/x...ps19cc1784.jpg

Any help will be welcome.

Comment

Link is currently donald. Give it a check.

Edit: Scrap that...it's fine now

Comment

Mitsubishi Challenger BTW

Comment

Working...
                              X