yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick tailgate window help: Connector technique!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick tailgate window help: Connector technique!!!

Hey all,

So I'm fumbling around, in the dark, by torch-light, removing the tailgate key control from the inside.

I can get at it easily. I've removed the key end fairly easily....but the end I'd have thought would be a plug is a loss to me.

So to save me yanking for no good reason....can someone with experience of these plugs let me know how to discontent? Logic doesn't seem to apply and I'm afraid to damage it trying

Those who are used to this plug will find it a piece of the proverbial. But I've yet to come across this specific one I suspect some tab-catches are there but can see them.

Even a tech drawing would do...if I knew it's name.

Many thanks.

Last edited by Sylux; 7 April 2013, 22:36.

Yes there is a small tab that needs to be pressed to release the connector.
    You can see it in this photo...

Comment

Thanks, man

As it turns out mine is completely different to both the above

But the same principle applied (I've used many variations) as you stated and I thought.

It came loose just before I was about to lose my rag!

Comment

So, after a wipe I can pretty much say this is not the issue with the key not being able to open the back window (can only close it).

It's in mint nick. Thank gord I didn't buy one.

Cab switch can open and close, tailgate key can only close.

I hear a click where I believe the rear up relay is, when I use the key to close it up. But no click when I try and use the key to open it down.

Sound like a relay thing?

I should start testing the wires and check that part that's prone to damaging the wires (tailgate hinge)...but the fact the cab can control everything makes me believe it'll not be that.

"Use Google Sear..." Yeh yeh

Comment

Some bedtime reading for you......
          http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/CheapTri...arWindow.shtml
          http://forum.ih8mud.com/79-95-toyota...ay-repair.html

Top Tip:
          Enter 4Runner into Google instead of Surf e.g. 1995 4Runner rear window relay, they are the same vehicle and there's 100 times more info.

Comment

Good man, cheers

To be fair...this place needs a little house cleaning ("surf FAQ" is even a dead link on this site ).

A lot of the threads here are very very old and often just link to a dead page. "Yeh here's the solution: deadlink!" "Gawd, why don't you use the search? Look, man: deadlink!"

A lot of sites have long since died and hiluxsurf.co.uk is marching on.

Then you come along and post direct, non-tail-chasing links. In the now. In real-time.

Thank you

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=61492

Nice and useful pic but another dead link within

http://www.maplin.co.uk/pcb-mount-lo...0a-relays-2512 apparently.
            Last edited by Sylux; 7 April 2013, 23:48.

Comment

It's why I've notched up 30k+ posts!
              If you have a technical/machanical problem, and Google can't help, you need the Linkmeister!

If you need an upgraded rear window motor, give me a shout...
              http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showpost....5&postcount=35

p.s. Enter 'Omron' into the search box above.

Comment

I'll bear you in mind for motors What's the "upgraded" bit about? Or do you mean replacement?

Mines fine atm. Just the damn down part of the key.

And yeh, the above post was me finding those Maplin jobbies I'll likely grab some as soon as I find out if they're the problem.

Comment

Oh, while I've kind of got your attention...you don't happen to have the rear window glass holders/channels and rubber?

Worth a try

Comment

Originally posted by Sylux View Post
                    Oh, while I've kind of got your attention...you don't happen to have the rear window glass holders/channels and rubber?

Worth a try
                    Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylux View Post

Worth a try
                      I think so need to check when I get home.
                      Brian

Comment

You're a star, Yoshie.

However...when ordering some parts from RoughTrax I bit the bullet and bought brand new ones.

But thanks for offering to check

Comment

Working...
                        X